• I-9 Base, Islamabad
From 27th August to 27th september
B.Sc Electrical Engineering.
MUST(mirpur universty of science and tech.)
• Industry:- Oil Field services & equipment
• Founded:- 1926
• Headquarters:- Houston
• complex :- Sugar Land ,Texas
• Key people CEO : Paal Kibsgaard
CFO : Simon Ayat
• Products:- Oilfield services
• Revenue US$ 39.54 Billion ( 2011)
• Employees :- 115,000+
• Schlumberger was founded in 1926 by French brothers
• Conrad and Marcel Schlumberger
• Société de prospection électrique (French: Electric Prospecting
• seismic acquisition and processing,
• formation evaluation,
• well testing and directional drilling,
• well cementing and stimulation,
• artificial lift,
• well completions and consulting, and software and information management.
• The company is also involved in the groundwater extraction and carbon capture
• Schlumberger Injury Prevention Program.
• Inform about techniques to reduce the risk involved in daily yard and field
Warm up Exercises
•Folding your Shoulders
•Full Lower Body Stretch
• Line of Strength
• Safe Working Zone
• Smart Grip
CONTROL • Watch your Head
• Spinal Bracing/Alignment
Quality, Health, Safety and
• Personal envirment.
Wear insulation ruber gloves(checking & callibration)
Never work alone when tool power up..
Stand a dry floor.
Use eye protector.
• Equipment enviroment.
Maintain o-ring ,backup ring….proper maintinance
• Transport safety.
• Emergency procedure.
WIRE LINE JOBS
CBL(casing bonding locator)
MPBT plug. (in case of leakage in any part of well)
Flow.(oil & gas)
Density & resistivity.
Equivalent maintinance process
Faliure ocure Fit1+fit2
Send to concern shop
Enter in net RITE
Enter in net
Perform op check
Enter failure report
Perform op check
Enter in net
Tool Back to
Wash the tool as sugestion
Enter movement RITe
• The operations performed in yard are repair
and maintenance of tools, to prepare them for
job at well site.
• A tool consists of two parts:
– Sonde: Mechanical
– Cartridge: Electrical
• FIT(Fast Inspection of Tools)
• Three types:
1. FIT 1
2. FIT 2
3. FIT 3
TRIM(Tool Review and Inspection Monthly)
Done on monthly basis.
Physical inspection and review of tool.
• Washing, cleaning, lubricating, changing O-rings
for maintenance purpose
1. Washing and cleaning.
2. Remove the protective cap and clean threads with cloth.
3. Take out O-rings. Take out spacers.
4. Clean the spacers.
5. Replace all the O-rings. Place first O-ring.
Put back spacers. Put on the remaining two O-rings.
6. Apply Lubriplate on the threads of the tool.
7. Put on cap after cleaning it. Put on Yellow sticker.
• To check the insulation and continuity of the
Electrical part of tools.
a. Insulation: Done to check current leakage.
b. Continuity: Done to check if the current is flowing
without any resistance.
1. Performed with Multi-meter of FIT trolley.
2. Connect meter heads to upper and lower end of the
3. Follow the tool fit sheet and note down the readings of
resistance in sheets for continuity and insulation
4. Place yellow tag after performing the checks.
If tool is properly fixed, it green tagged and ready for
• Rig-Up equipment is used at the well site for setting-up the
logging cable in order to perform logging operations in a
• It includes:
– Sheave Wheels, C-plate
– Sheave Hangers
– Tie-Down Chains
– Lifting Caps and Thread Protectors
– Cable drum
CMTD(cable mounted tension device)
Measure the tension of wire…….
lift the tool string. Stronger
SWL: 12000 lbs
Integrated Depth Dual Wheel Spooler (IDW)
The device that measures the length of wireline
cable that passes through it.
Upper head sheave Lower head sheave
Tie down chain Goose neck
MPD(magnetic postion device)
Mostly use during porforation
To allign the guns
• Simplest and essential tools for depth
• Application of Faraday’s Law of Induction:
• Change of flux (when CCL passes through casing joints)
induces e.m.f, a current spike.
• Current spike is then
monitored in the unit.
Some Other Tools
• HNGS (Hostile Natural Gamma-ray Sonde):
• CBL (Cable Bond Logging Tool):
• FMI (Formation Micro Imager):
• The FMI fullbore formation micromager gives you microresistivity formation images in water-base mud.
• Vsi(verstile sesmic image)
• SLS(sonic logging sonde)
• FPIT(free point indicator tool)
• HRLA(high resolution laterolgy tool)
• USIT(ultrasonic imaging tool)cement evalution and corrosion
• TLC(tough logging condition)
• BOP(blow out preventor)