Successfully reported this slideshow.
MARY L. ROSENBERG
241 Shady Knoll Drive Mobile: (412) 389-2656
Pittsburgh, PA 15220 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ten-plus years effectively managing employee benefit programs in fast-paced, growth-oriented organizations.
Detailed problem solver, implementing process improvements to meet corporate objectives and strategic
Analytical decision-maker with excellent multi-tasking and superior organizational skills
Polished HR professional, able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
Creative team player, efficiently implementing new programs, training and directing HR administrative staff
DynaVox Systems LLC, Pittsburgh, PA 2008 - 2010
Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Managed domestic and international benefit programs including life, disability, vision, medical, dental, vendor
management, Workers’ Compensation, FMLA, annual open enrollment and 401(k) administration.
• Researched, recommended and implemented new health and welfare programs to generate company savings.
• Worked with international vendors to develop new benefit programs for international employees.
• Led project to insource FMLA process from external vendor to reduce costs.
• Updated health and welfare plan documents to comply with regulatory requirements.
• Created and introduced 2010 employee benefits guidebook and open enrollment communications.
• Developed and implemented wellness programs.
Wheeling Hospital, Wheeling, WV 2007 - 2008
Benefits Manager, Human Resources
Managed all benefit programs, including complex self-insured home-host medical plans including vision, dental,
life, disability, flex and retirement plans affecting more than 2,000 employees.
• Redesigned Health and Welfare Programs to generate savings and streamline administration.
• Implemented retirement education programs to increase employee knowledge and encourage plan
• Developed compliant benefits enrollment forms and open enrollment packet and communications.
Independent Contractor/Consultant, Pittsburgh, PA 2007
Completed Human Resources projects including working as a Benefits Specialist with Bayer (SurgePoint
Staffing) and providing research on HR start-up strategy (Ebridgebuilders Consulting).
Highmark (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), Pittsburgh, PA 2001 - 2007
Retirement Plan Administrator
Managed corporate-wide retirement programs including retiree medical, defined benefit, defined contribution,
non-qualified and board of director plans affecting more than 12,000 employees and 1,800 retirees and
beneficiaries. Managed external vendor relationships for qualified and non-qualified executive retirement
programs including coordination of annual actuarial valuation. Responsible for overall compliance of retirement
and 401(k) programs.
• Served as business lead on implementation of web–based pension administration system and employee participant
• Generated savings and simplified administration by redesigning complex retiree medical plan.
• Initiated campaign to improve retirement communications for employees and retirees including initiation and
planning of informational sessions with outside speakers to provide opportunities for retirement planning.
• Created and edited retiree newsletter distributed to more than 1,800 retirees and beneficiaries.
MARY L. ROSENBERG Page 2
• Implemented retiree wellness and educational programs to benefit retirees and generate savings for
• Successfully led several process improvement projects including automation of the annual incentive deferrals
and match under the Executive Deferred Compensation Plan and automation of monthly retirement updates
to Trustee and Vendor.
• Led communication efforts for rollout of new lifestyle funds for the 401(k) plan; collaborated with vendor on
the communications to introduce the funds to participants in conjunction with annual financial expo.
• Documented all retirement processes and controls for corporate-wide Sarbanes-Oxley compliance initiative.
Kvaerner, Pittsburgh, PA 1999 - 2000
Manager, U.S. Retirement Programs
Managed corporate-wide consolidated pension and savings programs affecting over 30,000 employees.
Responsible for compliance of the plans, including annual actuarial valuations, government filings and audits and
nondiscrimination testing. Managed external vendor relationships to ensure deliverables were timely and within
• Provided leadership to over 11 divisions and locations on matters related to plan administration, regulatory
compliance and technical issues.
• Successfully consolidated several pension and savings plans of acquired companies to generate savings.
• Planned, organized, trained staff and directed the relocation of administrative responsibility for the corporate
retirement programs to Houston, Texas.
Allegheny Health, Education & Research Foundation, Pittsburgh, PA 1996 - 1999
Contracts & Compliance Specialist
Managed and prepared annual government reporting for all corporate benefit programs. Managed insurance and
benefit contracts for more than 15 corporate benefit plans. Coordinated disability programs for resident
physicians located at 10 hospitals. Managed and coordinated annual Flexible Spending and Dependent account
reconciliation with vendor.
Mellon Bank, Pittsburgh, PA 1991 - 1995
Senior Benefits Administrator 1993 - 1995
Prepared pension calculations for several acquisitions. Supervised the administration of the Mellon 401(k) Plan
and other related human resources functions.
• Successfully updated large backlog of pension calculations of acquired companies.
• Developed creative and cost-effective solutions to streamline administration of benefit programs.
Senior Defined Contribution Specialist 1991 - 1993
Managed the monthly administration of several large corporate 401(k) plans with over 100,000 participants
including recordkeeping and preparation of monthly reports and benefit statements. Provided leadership to
corporate clients on matters relating to regulatory compliance, plan administration and technical expertise.
Master of Science, Human Resources Management, La Roche College, Pittsburgh, PA
Bachelor of Arts, Communications/Political Science, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
Paralegal Certificate, Employee Benefits Specialist, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
Highmark Career Development Center:
Certificate: Corporate Risk Management, Staffing, Diversity & Affirmative Action
SAP, PeopleSoft Human Resources, Access and Microsoft Office Suite
MARY L. ROSENBERG Page 2
Member, International Foundation of Employee Benefits