• About 10% of babies are born to drug-using mothers.
• Every day in the US, about four children die because of abuse
or neglect, most of them babies or toddlers.
• Only 15% to 20% of abuse cases are physical.
• 84 percent of prison inmates were abused as children.
• One in three girls and one in five boys are sexually abused by
an adult at some time during childhood. (Most sexual abusers
are someone in the family or someone the child knows, not
the proverbial stranger with a lollipop.)
• One in thirteen kids with a parent on drugs is physically
abused regularly. (Drug and alcohol abuse in the family makes
child abuse about twice as likely.)
• Abused children are more likely to abuse alcohol and become
addicted to drugs, and one third will later abuse their own
• Suicide and attempted suicide has increased 300% in the last
thirty years due to depression.
• Only 33 to 50 % were identified by their doctors as having a
mental illness at the time of their death and only 15 percent
of suicide victims were in treatment at the time of their
Teenage Depression cont.
• For every two homicides in the U.S. there are three suicides.
• Having a firearm in the home greatly increases the risk of
youth suicide. Sixty-four percent of suicide victims 10-24 years
old use a firearm to complete the act.
• In 1996, more teenagers and young adults died of suicide than
from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke,
pneumonia and influenza, and chronic lung disease combined.
Six weeks of sobriety and…
She’s finally herself again
• If your like Alexa, don’t give up hope.
• There is ways to get help
• The path wont be easy but nothing ever is
• Go online, pick up a phone, talk to
Where ever life takes you…
I hope you find the strength you need to get through
• Pictures- www.googleimages.com
• Info- www.teendepression.com,
• Story- The girl who changed the world.