Table of contents
2. Management Organization Chart
3. Sequence of works (beam & slab).
4. Formwork design.
5. Construction joint treatment.
6. Re bars fabrication & setting.
7. Installation of embed item.
8. Placing of concrete.
9. Compaction of concrete.
10.Removal of formworks
12.Protecting against raining
14.Equipment & Manpower
A. General plan and elevation
B. Typical formworks & Scaffolding arrangement.
C. Calculation for formwork and support systems
D. Safety Procedure
This method statement describes how we carry out the concrete works of superstructure
in building works.
Concrete class shall be approved ready-mix concrete Grade 35MN/m2
Please refer to Appendix A for general plan and elevation of three main building.
2. Management Organization Chart
Mr. Tran Thanh Minh
Mr. Hoang Hung
Sub Contractor Sub Contractor
2.1 Project Manager
Mr. T. UCHIDA
Mr. A . IKEGAMI
Mr. A.M. Cabonce
Mr. P. C. TRUNG
Chief site Engineer
Mr. Dang Trong Dung
· To oversee and control all aspects of the Piling activities, and dictate schedule
· To ensure that all field staff are fully aware of the requirements of this method
statement, and that these requirements, in all respects, are fully implemented.
· To ensure that Safety and Environmental procedures, particularly, are in place
before activity commences, and strictly complied with, throughout the duration
of concreting works.
2.2 Construction Managers, directly reports to Project Manager.
· To oversee all construction works, with respect to schedule.
· To ensure that all field staff follow the requirements of this method statement,
including quality control and HSE.
2.3 Chief Engineer, reports to Construction Manager
· To ensure that all relevant preparations have been made.
· To ensure that all provisions of this method statement are followed.
· To ensure that all quality inspection is carried out and record taken, if
· To ensure that all necessary safety and environmental precautions are in
place and that all workers under their direct control are fully aware of all
· To control execution of the entire activity
2.4 Site Engineer
· To assist Chief Engineer to control the Subcontractor for all activities relative
to this method statement.
· To ensure safe working environment at all times, during Subcontractor
execution of concreting works.
· To give control points & grid line to Subcontractor for concreting works.
· To supervise Subcontractor and conduct survey checks from time to time.
· To carry out all surveying work and to ensure all required records are taken
2.6 QA/QC department
· To oversee construction activity with respect to quality control.
· To ensure quality procedures has been followed.
· To ensure that all required inspections have been carried out and that
records, if required have been taken and properly stored.
· Advise the laboratory and Site Engineers to control the quality of works.
2.7 Health, Safety & Environmental department
· To monitor that all the working activities are executed in accordance with site
· To ensure that precautions with respect to Environmental matters have been
implemented on site.
3. Sequence of works (beam & slab).
Setting Staging for Construction
Setting Support & Bottom
Construction Joint Treatment
Inspection for Construction
Assembling re bar
Inspection of re bar
Setting Side Formwork
Inspection for casting
Stripping of Form
Stripping Support and Prop after
Getting Design Strength 100%
4. Formworks Design
Formwork shall be set in correct position following specification and the approved
Please refer to Appendix B for Typical formworks & support for 2nd floor slab.
Formworks and support is calculated as shown in Attachment C
Approved form oil will be applied to form surface prior to installation of form.
5. Construction joint treatment
All construction joints will be chipped to remove cement sand surface to make rough
In some cases, approved retarder for concrete surface will be used as another method
to make construction joint properly.
6. Rebar fabrication & setting
Approved re-bar type will be delivered to site and it will be inspected & tested prior to
Re-bar shall be cut and bent according to the approved schedule at the site workshop
and transported to site by truck. After delivery to the site re-bars shall be fixed according
to specification and approved drawings by Engineer or Consultant.
Rebar shall be inspected by Engineer or Consultant prior to install of next layer or
Any mistake rebar will be replaced or repaired by approved method.
Approved concrete spacer shall be used; its concrete grade shall be 35 MN/m2.
7. Installation of embed item
All the embed item showing in the drawings shall be firmly installed in correct position.
8. Placing of Concrete
Approved ready-mix concrete will be transported from batching plant to the site by mixer
truck. During transportation & waiting time the concrete shall be kept continuously
From mixer truck concrete will be poured to casting location by concrete pump or by
bucket. The height from discharge position to casting level shall not be over 1.5m.
On each concreting day and for each grade of concrete mix, samples shall be taken.
When samples are taken at sites, samples shall be taken for every 24m3 of concrete or
part thereof, of each grade of concrete.
Minimum requirement of sample
- Each concreting day
- Each part of structure (each building)
- After filling above condition, samples shall be taken for every four mixer or
agitating truck (20~24m2).
9. Compaction of Concrete.
Concrete after pouring to position shall be compacted by immersion vibrator. Proper
staging for vibration works will be arranged.
Wooden or rubber hammer also will be used as external vibrator in some cases.
10. Removal of formworks
Form works removal shall be accordance with specification Clause 4.20 or as proposal
- All vertical or side formworks : 12 hrs (The period shall commence from the time
of last pour of concrete)
- Soffit formworks to slabs & beams : 3 days ((The period shall commence from the
time of last pour of concrete)
- Props to slabs & beams: Requirement in Specification is 14 days. We propose
that before remove props we will carry out testing for cube sample, whenever if
we get 100% designed strength of concrete we will remove props (After skirting of
formworks, props shall be immediately put up to support the structure)
- Props to cantilever slabs & cantilever beams: Requirement in Specification is 21
days. We propose that before remove props we will carry out testing for cube
sample, whenever if we get 100% designed strength of concrete we will remove
props (After skirting of formworks, props shall be immediately put up to support
* Testing for purpose of removal formworks will be carried out at 7th days after finish
All tie rod holes & defects on surface will be repaired following approved method.
After removal of form works, concrete shall be cured minimum of 6 days according to
TCXDVN 391:2007– Requirements for Natural Moist Curing, apply for Area C of Viet
Curing of concrete will be carried out by spraying water periodically to the surface of the
newly placed concrete. Jute bag or nylon sheet shall be used to cover the concrete
surface for keeping wet.
Water to be used for curing and cleaning works is portable water from local authority.
Approved curing compound also will be used in several cases.
12. Protecting against raining.
Against raining, plastic sheet shall be prepared to cover over the concrete area before
Electricity will be supplied by generators on site.
14. Equipment & Manpower
Equipment Unit Quantity
Mixer truck Nos 04
Vibrator Nos 03
Concrete Pump No 01
Generator 15KVA No 01
Generator 10KVA Nos 02
Bucket Nos 10
Showel Nos 05
Trowel Nos 05
Description Unit Quantity
Supervisor No 01
Surveyor Nos 02
Foreman No 01
Electrician No 01
Worker Nos 10
15. Safety measure
Please refer to Appendix D for Safety Procedure when working at high position