• SOLAR Energy Business foray since 1992.
• Pioneers in developing Solar Grid Interactive PCU
(1996) in collaboration with CEL (Govt. of India PSU).
• OE Supplier to TATA BP Solar, India.
• Developed PCU ranging from 1kW to 30kW and in
multiples of 30kW.
• One of the largest presence in India
Principal of Operation
Bi-Directional Solar PCU/GCI
• 1 to 6 kW with 230V 1Ph Output
• 10 to 30 kW with 400V 3Ph Output
• Solar Charge Controller 48V/100Amps
• Array Input – 40 to 88V DC for 1,2 & 3kW
– 80 to 176V DC for 4,5 & 6kW
– 100 to 220V DC for 10kW
– 200 to 440V DC for 20 &30kW
• Efficiency – 90% or better up to 6kW
- 92 % or better Above 6kW
Block Schematic – Solar PCU
Panel MPPT Bi-directional
Charger Inverter Isolation
• The Solar Panel will charge to Battery and support to the Inverter.
• Battery will support to load, incase of Solar Power is weak or not available.
• The battery can also be charged through Grid.
Block Schematic – Solar GCI
Combiner Grid Connect Inverter
Solar K1 K2
Panels To Grid
• The Solar Power available through Array is converted into AC and fed to the
• The combiner is optionally available to connect multiple Solar Arrays.
Sate of the art PWM Technology
- High efficiency Inverter design with DSP Control
- High speed MPPT optimized for better control over a range.
- High system efficiency, optimized by proper selection of Devices,
switching frequency and operating DC voltage.
- Soft start mechanism to avoid high in rush current on array
Powerful data logging features which includes onboard logging of
different parameters such as input, output & battery. (On board logging for
7 days if logged, for every 1 hour)
48, 96,120 and 240 V battery operated systems as well as battery
less systems i.e. Grid Connected Interactive (GCI)
Multiprocessor based modular design. Separate processor for
Charger, Inverter and Data logger. Complete digital control, to
have more flexibility and easy upgradeability.
Customized Charger ratings for same inverter ratings. (e.g. for
10KW Inverter, customized charger ratings of 14KW, 20KW, 22KW can be offered to
reduce overall price)
In house and Indigenous; High Reliability and Field Proven
Paralleling option with DG available, to enhance power
requirement. (By sensing load requirements, DG is automatically turned on and
used to feed load in parallel with PCU)
- 15 kW grid interactive PCUs supplied to TEDA for feeding power to wind grid
- 45 units of 4 kW installed in Thailand for wind powered grid feed system. 15 Units
work in parallel for making each phase making it a 3 phase system. (2005)
- More than 100 units supplied to Sri Lanka for educational institutions (2005)
- More than 100 units supplied for banking applications (2007)
- More than 200 units supplied to Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (HPCL) for petrol
pump utilities. (2008)
Total installed Power : More than 1200 PCUs of various range
installed over past 5 years under varying ambient conditions.
Full System Support
• DB Power – design and development of
customized PCU / key responsibilities.
Panel • Panel Manufacturer – Supplies & support
Architect DB Integrator • Integrator – Installation, commissioning &
support for total Solar Project.
• Architect – Aesthetical integration of Solar
Systems for land / buildings (Building
BIPVs integrated photovoltaic systems).
Developments Under Progress
Systems for higher ingress protection ratings, suitable for
indoor as well as outdoor installation. (IP41 and NEMA R3
Transformer Less systems with higher efficiency and lower
More connectivity options such as RJ45 interface as a
Standard 30 kVA system developed for large solar farms.
Paralleling multiple systems for a Hybrid Power Plant
250 kVA Solar Power plant for very large installations