Sample Host Script – CISPI Hand Out 5 of 7
Before the session begins
1. Open all applications that you plan to share and close all applications that
your don’t want participants to accidently see if you share your desktop.
2. Login at least 15 minutes before the session is to begin.
3. Login to the session before you call the teleconference phone number.
4. If desired, mute participants.
5. Verify that the Q&A, chat, and feedback functions are visible for participants.
6. Upload your slides.
7. Display your first slide. This slide should include information about the muted
phone lines and that participants should connect through the computer first
and then connect through the phone.
8. After the Presenter joins the session, point out the slide forward and back
arrows. Remind the Presenter to advance the slides. State that you will go
back to the 1st slide at the start of the Q&A and go to the last slide at the end.
9. Just before you begin the webinar, say, “Hello and thank you for joining us.
Unless you are discussing content or asking a question, please mute your
phone. If that is not possible, please reduce the background noise on your
end as much as possible. This would include barking dogs, televisions, and
paging systems. Although the noise may not seem loud to you, it will be
picked up in the recording and be a distraction for those who listen to the
recording. To reduce noise, I have muted all of the Participant phones and at
this time you will only be able to hear the Presenters speak. In addition, if for
some reason your computer disconnects from this webinar, please login to
the computer portion before you call in again. I will now start the recording of
this webinar and we’ll begin. One moment please.
10. Begin recording the webinar.
Begin the webinar
11. Begin the webinar by stating a welcome statement like, “Hello and welcome
to the Webinar Title webinar. I am Your Name, your Host for this webinar.”
12. Change slide to Presenter Information slide. State, “At this time I would like
to introduce tonight’s Presenter, Presenter Name. State the Presenter’s bio.
Hello Presenter Name!
13. Have the First Presenter introduce him/herself and state purpose/goal of
14. Repeat the above two steps and introduce each Presenter.
15. (Optional) Say, “If you don’t touch your computer for several minutes, the
screen will change to a screen saver. Simply move the mouse or click the
Space Bar to bring the webinar screen back.”
16. Change slides (to the “To Ask a Question” slide) and say, “We are going to
hold-off on answering any questions until the presentation is complete,
because some questions might be answered by the presentation. For those
Sample Host Script - CISPI.doc Page 1 of 2
Sample Host Script – CISPI Hand Out 5 of 7
of you who are viewing this webinar through our webinar software, if you want
to submit a question, you may do so at any time by clicking and typing in the
“Q&A” text field in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Type your
question, and click the “Send” button. At the end of the presentation we will
review the questions in the order they were received. After all submitted
questions are answered we will unmute the audio lines and ask for additional
questions. Once again, thank you for joining the webinar. Let’s get started
on this presentation!”
17. Change slides, and say, “Presenter, please continue.”
After all of the presentation slides have been displayed
18. Change to the “To Ask a Question” slide or the 1st slide.
19. Say, "We will now move to the question and answer part of the program. We
will begin with the questions submitted during the presentation. The first
question is. . .”
20. (When there are no more questions) Say, “We will now take questions from
the audience. If you would like to ask a question, please “raise your hand” by
clicking on the Raise Hand icon in the middle right of your screen.” NOTE:
You can use the Annotation Tools to point an arrow to the Raise Hand icon.
21. “I will unmute your phone line and you can ask your question. When your
question is answered, please click on the Hand icon again to “lower your
hand.” We will repeat this process until all questions have been answered.”
22. (When all questions are answered), change to the last slide and say, “We
would like to thank you very much for your attendance and participation
tonight. We hope you found the program to be of value. This concludes this
23. (If desired) Save the “Questions and Answers” file.
24. (If desired) Save the “Chat” file.
Sample Host Script - CISPI.doc Page 2 of 2