The popularity of the Kubernetes platform is continuously increasing... for good reasons! It's a wonderful modular platform made out of fundamentals orthogonal bricks used to defined even more useful bricks. It enables a DevOps friendly envrionnment where microservices and continously delivery feel at home.
If you have not yet dig into what is usually defined as a Cluster Operating System, it's time to catch-up! This thorough introduction to Kubernetes will cover:
* What is a Node and what is the difference between master node(s) and worker nodes.
* What is it like to run an application in Kubernetes
* What is a Pod and how it relates to containers
* How to organize resources with Labels and Namespaces
* How to scale your application with ReplicaSet
* How to expose your application to clients internal to your clusters and to external clients with Services
* What is a Volume and how it is used to attach persistent storage, configuration and secrets to pods
How to do zero downtime rolling update of your application with Deployments