Blockchain technology used to track changes of a document through different custodians and different file formats.
Some of the solution components are open-source and available here:
3. BLOCKCHAIN ADVANTAGES OVER DATABASE
• Central location
• Replicated over node network
• Immutable record of transactions
• Consensus mechanism
4. APPLICATION: DIGITAL ASSET TRACKING
• Sarah is an Engineer using AutoCAD
• Sarah generates and modifies drawing files.
• John is an external contractor
• John marks up drawings converted to PDF files.
• Jenny is a compliance officer
• Jenny identifies origins of discrepancies within documents.
5. DOCUMENT CUSTODY / PROVENANCE
Sarah saves changes from
AutoCAD which are
automatically recorded on the
blockchain by plug-in.
John submits markups to shared portal,
which are recorded on the blockchain.
Jenny reviews document and
chain of ownership from the
6. BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK EXPANSION
• Company offices or business partners added as nodes make the blockchain network more
secure and trustworthy
• Different types of assets and participants
• Smart contracts