10 Top Tips for Rabbit Care For a Happy Healthy Bunny
1. Rabbits are Social In the wild rabbits live in social groups, therefore where possiblealways try to keep at least two rabbitstogether. Spayed and neutered is best for compatibility and lack of baby bunnies!
2. Timothy Hay is VitalHay should make up a large percentage of your rabbits diet. This not only keeps their tummy healthy but also wears downtheir teeth, which are constantly growing.
3. Diet80% = Timothy Hay10% = Quality pellets for rabbits10% = Leafy greens, such as cabbage,broccoli and kale. Carrots and fruits such asapple should only be occasional treats asthey are quite fattening
5. WaterIt is vital that rabbits have access to fresh water at all times.
6. Health CareMake sure your rabbit is vaccinated and neutered.
7. SpaceIf possible keep your rabbits as housebunnies, as this is the safer environment forthemWhether they live inside or outside alwaysmake sure your rabbits have a very largehutch, so that they can freely hop aroundand a large outside run. Both need to bepredator proof
8. ToysRabbits areinquisitive, playfulanimals that needplenty of toys. Makesure they have throws,balls, wooden chewtoys and of coursethey love tunnels torun through
9. AttentionThere are many abandoned bunniesbecause they do need time, care andattentionFeeding, cleaning, grooming, exercising andcare all take time, money and eﬀortIf you can, adopt a rabbit from a shelter,rather than purchasing one - they all needour love and there are all ages available
10. LoveRabbits need care, dedication and love. For more information on rabbit care: http://pethooligans.com