Business situation• Company, manufacturer of mobile furniture• Based in Brussels & Lyon• Bought by current owner in 2005• Financial evolution• Increased Revenues• Decreased Margins• Changing competitive environment• International consolidation• Growing price pressure• Full offer of products
« How to stand out of the crowd with a limited offer? »
Redefining the strategic framework• What do we provide?• What business are we in?• Whom do we serve?• Competitive analysis• Market segmentation and prioritization• How do we realize this?• Company structure• What is our value proposition?• Product, Price, Accessibility, Service, Experience
From mobile furniture supplier for hotels and hospitals to experts in compact mobile organization solutions that assure rapidservicesUser centered approach = outside –inside = starting from his needs instead ofproduct offerNew business possibilitiesNew way of brandingNew business definition & new approach
• Branding and communication strategy Definition of values• Logo• Brochures• Website• Exhibition material• Commercial strategy Segmentation(priorities)• New product development en quality control• Toolkit• Transport optimalisation• New materialsNew ambitions
• Defining goals & strategy• Defining clear positioning• Commercial strategy Target groups /DMU Defining all stakeholders involved Recognizing buy reasons Discovering internal strenghtsPreparing the field
• First inspiration round(Paris – Hotel *****)• Extreme user• Different stakeholders• House keeping direction• Room maids• Hotel direction.• Guests• Learnings...Exploring the field - OBSERVATION
• More Functionalities & ergonomics• Use of different drawers instead of one compartiment on top• Extra level for clean linen• 5th wheel : makes it possible to turn on the same place ( small corridors)• Materials & accessoires• New material : VOLKERN• strong, light ,durable material• wooden look• Large protections (bumpers) to avoid damages on walls ,doors,paintings..• New organisational elements• Optional elements : Space for Swiffer..• Raw with trays for small elements ...beauty products,slippers..cleaning products..• On top of trolley : opening for Paper,files..Creation of a basic trolley with options
• Funnel is full of ideas..• New opportunities are discovered.• Growing demand of clients..• Bigger deals• Different marketposition..• Different, more adapted offer• Better margins..• Higher motivated people• Improved company culture…Results after release
• New inspiring tours are planned in existing and new sectors• Further development and testing of new prototypes• Focus on internal organization and production• …The way forward…
TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER…HE’S YOUR ONLY PROFITCENTER!Hope you enjoyed this caseas much as we did!
u-sentric | Annita Beysen & Hanne Sidarow| Karel Van Lotharingenstraat 4 bus 3.2 BelgiumContact: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.comThanks!Questions or remarks? Don’t hesitate to contact us!