Insect Light Traps:
• A product that should be provided to existing
and potential customers.
• To be provided as a bundled offer with
General/ Specialised sanitation services.
• Helps inform sanitation and hygiene
programmes, through monitoring and analysis
of flying insect catch.
The insect light trap should
help inform an effective
hygiene control program
Insect light traps
Control vs. monitoring
• Traditional approaches have focussed on using insect
light traps as control devices only.
• A more integrated approach is to use ILT’s as a
monitoring and information gathering tool.
• Used in this way ILT’s are valuable for
• Regularly Monitoring activity levels against
established critical limits
• Identifying species type from decaying bodies on
control boards, helping to identify the source of
insect problems and to provide relevant targeted
Genus® Universal Control Board can
be used to identify the types and
level of flying insects within a
premises giving information that can
be used to support sanitation
• The advantage of a control board unit is that the
insects are retained as whole bodies
• This allows identification of the insect species
present within a location.
• In food preparation areas, critical limits should be
set and monitored to ensure hygiene and pest level
are within an acceptable level (for specific
information on food safety see presentation 5 on
• By identifying and analyzing species of flying insect
present, appropriate sanitation measures can then
be taken to prevent the problems occurring again.
Using Flying insect
elements of a
Replace ILT Killers (high voltage grids) with ILT Catchers
(Control board options)
• This will allow insect identification and critical limit monitoring.
Ensure regular surveys and monitoring are undertaken
• Full site survey
• Logging of information an analysis
• Review and monitor control board for volume of insects and
Information gained to form basis of follow-up sanitation
Brandenburg Universal Glue
• Replacing Zapper Units with Control Board units
• Replacing Units Where Catch Is Visible
• Replacing Old / Tired Looking Units
• Replacing inefficient / energy hungry traditional units
• Kitchen’s with Customer Viewing Areas
• Adding Flying Insect Control to Public Areas
• Eating Areas
• Coffee Shops
A different approach:
rental or lease programme
1). The fly catchers remains as asset of the company that is leasing the unit out.
2). Typical leasing period will be 3 years with automatic renewal. Minimum contract period is 12
months and automatically renewed.
3). the units are maintained by the company leasing it out. If units are faulty, it is replaced. If units
are lost or broken the customer has to pay for a replacement.
4).The units are serviced on a monthly basis. If infestations are high, additional glue boards are
given to the customer at additional cost. A copy of service program is attached.
5). the cost of the leasing program will take into account the following:
• The cost of the unit depreciated over 3 years. Landed cost
• The cost of glue boards – 12 pcs a year.
• Labour cost for servicing the unit.
• Cost of the bulbs to be changed every 12 months.
• Appropriate mark up (Profit) by the company leasing the unit.
• Labour cost for installation.
What should you be
selling your client?
Green and Sustainable Products
• Energy efficient insect light traps
• Targeted and integrated pest control services with chemical use as
the last line of defence
Highly Effective for the chosen area
• Matching the unit to the application
• Using units that with proven performance
Aesthetics – suitable for the Environment
Quality products that will last and require little maintenance
Global Head Office
24 - 29 Navigation Drive
Hurst Business Park
Tel: +44 1384 472900
Fax: +44 1384 472911
Web: www.b-one.com, www.bedbugsalert.com