This He did in our humanity from birth to manhood (age 30 in the Bible), through the power of the Holy Spirit
Therefore, His second mission was to surrender our corporate Bios life to the death of the cross, to meet the justice or curse of the law (disobey and die)
(that would not satisfy the law)
This is what John 3:16 is all about and is called the objective facts of salvation –
By faith believers receive this Zoe life and are subjectively saved and adopted as God’s children in Christ
2000 yrs ago .
WHY IS THIS SO?
This is what the Christmas story is all about. Luke 2:10
The everlasting gospel
The Good News of the Everlasting Gospel The Incredible Good News of the Gospel
The human race, to which we all belong, is the extension of Adam’s life after he sinned—Acts 17:26. Our situation in Adam
<ul><li>Therefore, it is </li></ul><ul><li>a life that: </li></ul><ul><li>Was sold to Satan – </li></ul><ul><li>Luke 4:5, 6. </li></ul><ul><li>2. Was condemned to death – </li></ul><ul><li>Romans 5:18.1 st Pt </li></ul><ul><li>Became a slave to sin – </li></ul><ul><li>Rom. 7:14. </li></ul><ul><li>Died spiritually (since God’s Holy Spirit left him) – </li></ul><ul><li>Ephesians 2:1. </li></ul>
Therefore, we were all born with a life that was spiritually dead, sold to Satan, a slave to sin, and condemned to death.
The Greek word for this ruined life is BIOS Luke 8:14 1 John 2:15,16 Mankind therefore needs a Savior
Jesus Christ is That Savior! His salvation is the central theme of Paul’s theology! 1 Cor. 1:30, 31.
The Greek word for the eternal divine life of Christ that saved us is ZOE . John 1:4; 8:12; Romans 5:10, 17, 18. Note : This is also the same Zoe kind of life God breathed into Adam at creation. Gen. 2:7 (LXX)
Unfortunately, both the words, Bios and Zoe are translated in our English Bibles by the word “life.”
Therefore, it is very difficult to distinguish between man’s corporate sinful Bios life and the sinless eternal divine Zoe life of Christ.
The 12 steps -- how God saved mankind in Christ: <ul><li>In order for Christ to be mankind’s Savior He had to surrender His </li></ul><ul><li>Zoe life to the Father. (Kenosis) </li></ul><ul><li>Philippians 2:6,7 </li></ul>
2. For the Father to legally qualify Christ to be the Savior of mankind He had to unite the divine Zoe life of Christ to mankind’s corporate Bios life that needed redeeming.
3. This was accomplished by God’s Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary. Luke 1:35
JESUS THE GOD-MAN John 1:14 ZOE BIOS “ And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1.14
4. In the incarnation God’s Holy Spirit was renewed to the human race in Christ and mankind was made spiritually alive. Ephesians 2:5 Titus 3:5
5. The union between Christ’s divine Zoe life and humanity’s corporate Bios life resulted in Christ becoming the second or last Adam (mankind). 1 Corinthians 15:45
6. This legally qualified Christ to be the substitute and representative of mankind. Deuteronomy 24:16; Ezekiel 18:20
7. As our legal substitute, Christ had to first perfectly obey the law on mankind’s behalf (obey and live). Matthew 5:17 Luke 4:14.
8. This perfect obedience could not cancel our sins. Galatians 3:13
9. On the cross our corporate Bios life died in Christ, not for 3 days, but for eternity-- the second death. Romans 6:23 2 Corinthians 5:14
10. In exchange the Father gave the Zoe life of His Son to the human race in Christ . 2 Timothy 1:8-11
11. In the resurrection, Christ and the human race shared the same eternal Zoe life. Hebrews 2:11 Ephesians 2:5, 6 1 John 5:11
JESUS & MANKIND SHARED THE SAME ZOE LIFE 12. O bjectively this took place In Christ Subjectively it is experienced by faith . Eph. 2:4-6 (objective) and 8-10 (subjective). IN THE RESURRECTION This is the incredible Good News of the Gospel
Because believers share the same eternal Zoe life of Christ they become one with Him and are adopted. Galatians 4:4-6 Hebrews 2:11 Our Divine Adoption
From eternity past to the cross Christ is called the only begotten Son of God. John 1:14
After the cross and resurrection Christ is called the firstborn (begotten) from the dead . Revelation 1:4-6, Why?
Before the cross God had only one begotten Son Who also is the Son of Man Since the cross and resurrection, God has many human begotten sons and daughters of whom Christ is the 1st 1 John 3:1-3
<ul><li>When Jesus was baptized, His Father said “This is my beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased” </li></ul><ul><li>These words embraced the entire human race! We have been accepted in the beloved! </li></ul>
<ul><li>And the word that was spoken to Jesus at the Jordan, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased," embraces humanity. God spoke to Jesus as our representative. With all our sins and weaknesses, we are not cast aside as worthless. "He hath made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6… The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation. The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased. DA 113 </li></ul>
What are the blessings and privileges of being the adopted children of God?
1. We become joint or co-heirs with Christ, the King of kings. Romans 8:15-17
2. We have been delivered from the second death, and will reign with Christ in heaven for a thousand years. Revelation 20:6
3. We will continue to reign with Him in the new earth for ever and ever — Revelation 22:3-6.
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 2 Cor, 9:15.