Title: CEO and founder of Get Storied
Focus: Transformational Storytelling
Background: Anthropologist, Social Entrepreneur
Work with: CMOs & CEOs w/ a breakthrough story
Clients: Ariba, Audubon, Bloomberg, NASA, Zappos
Teach: 20K innovators, change-makers, marketers
Oﬃces: NYC and SF
Hi, I’m Michael Margolis
I was raised on the mean streets...
1. No common story
2. Change is framed as judgement
3. Self-validation; self-congrats
4. Superﬁcial emotional content
5. Underestimate culture & identity
6. People can’t ﬁnd self in story
7. Big promises are not made real
Why Innovation Adoption Fails
Origins Customer Product
Innovation Story - String of Pearls
Truth Empathy Vulnerability
“Every character should
want something...even if
it’s just a glass of water.”
- Kurt Vonnegut
In Service to Whom?
What’s on My Mind?
Why Should I Care?
How Can I Believe You?
Does This Feel Good?
Do I Belong in Story?
Time to Get Storied
What’s the #1 secret to
telling your story?