Information Technology of Automation of Control of Discrete Technological and Information Processes (in short - IT AC DTIP) is a new network science-intensive technology with many applications. It solves the existing serious problem of low effectiveness of controlling discrete processes (ie, processes with clearly separated states) that occur in a wide variety of areas of human activity (industrial production, construction, transportation, trade, digital communications, etc.). This technology is applicable to a very wide class of real discrete technological and information processes (DTIPs) of many purposes and allows to do the following: 1) to find for them the best (optimal) control strategies with the least money and time costs in comparison with the existing practice; 2) to manage the laboriousness of synthesizing optimal strategies for their control by introducing an incrementing; 3) to provide mass network services for effective control of widely distributed in practice discrete processes of narrow-purpose.
IT AC DTIPs is based on a utiform scientific methodology for numerical optimization of abstract stationary discrete processes of service (DPSs), to which are reduced the initial real DTIPs.
of Information Technology
of Automation of Control
of Discrete Technological and Information Processes
(IT AC DTIP)
1. Purpose and essence of Technology
IT AC DTIP or just Technology is a new network science-intensive
technology with many applications designed to solve problems of effective
control of discrete processes for different purposes, which are usually called
processes with clearly separated states. It allows to find optimal strategies of
control of many discrete technological and information processes (DTIPs) that
can be endless stationary, limited in time, and even instant processes of options
The essence of Technology is that it is based on a uniform scientific
methodology of numerical optimization of abstract stationary discrete service
processes (DSP), to which reduce original real DTIPs. It has the practical
advantage that is applicable to a very broad class of DTIPs occurring in many
areas of human activity and allows to manage the complexity of synthesis of
optimal control strategies for them.
All necessary information about Technology is available on the website
“Promotion center of IT AC DTIP“ (http://dtip-burlakov.com/en/), and the
results of its practical implementation — on the website “Implementation
center of IT AC DTIP" (http://dtip-optim.com/en/main). Its founder — Burlakov
Michael, D.Eng. (Kiev, Ukraine).
2. Prospects of Technology
1. Discrete technological and information processes are widespread in various areas of human
activity. In real life they meet not more rarely than continuous processes for the control of which has
long been successfully used the well-known technology of automation of technological processes
control (it is practically implemented through the automated process control systems — APCS).
2. There is a great need for practice in effective control of DTIPs, because each of them is
characterized, as a rule, by limited resources used in processing of discrete process objects, as well
as quantitative efficiency criterion of this processing.
3. There is currently no other similar operative technology for discrete processes control, in this
connection for them most often used in practice non-optimal (heuristic) control strategy, since the
development of optimal (best) strategies usually requires too much time and cost.
4. Technology is networking. This means that it allows to remotely solve tasks of effective control of
specific DTIPs regardless of their location. Furthermore, the presence of universal software tools for
optimizing DTIPs allows to provide network services through the Internet in their wide practical use.
The introduction in practice of Technology will surely give impetus to the development of entirely
new direction in commercial use of the Internet in finding to any interested network user the best
solution in the area of his interests. It now allows to do this in relation to the control of a variety of
5. Implementation of IT AC DTIP will undoubtedly lead to the creation on its base of a number of
promising innovative technologies of specific applications in many fields of human activity, as we
now have developed the key optimizing software tools for several such technologies, and offered
detailed concept of the last.
There are listed below five main arguments in favor of the fact that Technology has a high
practical value and great commercial prospect.
3. Areas of Technology use
1) * budgeting based on program-target planning;
2) * customer service in catering (particularly, in restaurants);
3) * delivery of a passenger by public transport to his destination;
4) * expenditure of money to various goods and services;
5) impatient customers service;
6) * investment of money in different sources of income;
7) loading and unloading operations;
8) maintenance of calls by emergency city services;
9) * maintenance of geographically distributed objects;
10) * network planning in project management;
11) * planning of business operations in production and business;
12) processing of workpiece on machines with changeover;
13) * purchase of housing;
14) reconstruction of existing facilities;
15) repair of process equipment;
16) storage and processing of perishable products;
17) * trade in real estate;
18) * trade online;
19) transmission of digital messages in communication networks;
20) * transportation.
Below are listed alphabetically possible application areas of the Technology. Asterisks here
mark those of them, for which has already created the software tools for optimizing DTIPs of
specified applications. To work with them is designed the website "Implementation center
of IT AC DTIP" oriented at the corresponding categories of users.
4. Ways to promote Technology
The main and most promising way of Technology promotion is the creation
of a specialized production company for implementation of it (PCIT). It is
proposed that this company consisted of the Center of toolkit development
(CTD) and of the network of Centers of control automation (CCAs) for
implementation directions (see section “General info about Technology >
Presentation of Technology" of the website “Promotion center of IT AC DTIP".
The aim of the operation of a separate CCA is the development and
implementation of highly efficient control strategies for DTIPs in a particular
application area. Such strategies are proposed to provide consumers in two
1) through mass network services on the basis of universal software tools for
optimizing the control of narrow classes of widespread DTIPs of different
2) through individual software products for optimizing the control of specific
processes that will be developed for a specific customer.
This approach will allow in the shortest possible time to master the market of
all those tasks for effective control of DTIPs of various purposes, for which
Technology is intended.
5. What has been done for Technology
1. There has been developed a uniform scientific methodology of Technology.
2. There has been elaborated one application direction of Technology relating to the effectiveness of the
standard investments [Бурлаков М.В. Как достичь эффективности инвестиций (How to achieve the
efficiency of investments). — Москва: Экономика, 2010].
3. There has been published a monograph on the basics of Technology [Бурлаков М.В. Основы
технологии автоматизации автоматизации управления дискретными технологическими и
информационными процессами (Basics of technology of automation of control of discrete
technological and information processes). — Киев: Університет "Україна", 2010].
4. There has been prepared a training course on the basics of Technology, which was read twice in the
regional Gorlovka Institute of the Open International University of Human Development "Ukraine" in the
academic years 2010-2011 and 2011-2012.
5. There have been created nine multilingual network instrumental systems (MNISs) for optimizing DTIPs of
various purposes, ready for mass use: MLIS/MNIS MBO 1.0, ... GAO 2.2, ... IO 2.2, ... EO 1.3,
... HIO 1.2, ... RIO 1.0, ... NPO 1.0, ... TO 1.6 and ... PTPDO 1.2. They allow to provide the
international outsourcing services to solve the tasks to optimize controlling discrete processes in the
following application areas: 1) budgeting of the Ministry; 2) network planning; 3) standard investments;
4) expenses; 5) investment in housing; 6) investment in real estate; 7) online shopping; 8) transportation;
9) delivery of a passenger by public transport.
6. There has been created the Universal Processing Center of nine above-mentioned MNISs (UPC 9 MNIS
1.0) with the interface in English and Russian languages, which is designed for centralized solution by
any users in any languages via Internet or on a local network of the tasks on optimizing control of
discrete processes for various purposes.
7. There have been developed two multilingual programs for optimizing remote and ordinary orders of
customers in a restaurant: MP OROR 1.1 and OOR 1.2.
5. What has been done for Technology (continued)
8. On the basis of the being considered Technology there have been offered the concepts of creating four
specific innovative technologies used in the following application areas: 1) online trade, 2) trade in real
estate, 3) restaurant business and 4) project management (the first two of them are perfect), and has
been developed the key software tools for this technologies.
9. There has been created and published the website “Promotion center of IT AC DTIP", containing all
necessary information about Technology and developed on its basis 11 multilingual software tools for
10.There has been created and published the website “Implementation center of IT AC DTIP" which
focuses on the practical implementation of Technology. It dedicates to 18 categories of persons directly
related to discrete processes of various purposes and interested in effective control of them. For 16 of
these categories already exists optimizing software tools available for free use in the test mode on this
and previous websites.
It is proposed to implement one of the following two alternative options for introducing
Burlakov Michael V.,
the founder of IT AC DTIP,
Doctor of Engineering (Kiev, Ukraine)
6. Strategic plan for implementation of Technology
sale of the whole informational-software package of materials on the introduction of IT AC
DTIP, presented in this presentation, to a some well-known manufacturing company in the
field of information technologies, which wishes to implement this technology all over the
world and thereby become the world leader in the sphere of controlling discrete processes
for various purposes. For this, the search for such companies will be carried out in the
establishment together with the Technology founder of a new specialized production
company for implementation to life this technology. To do this, the search for its potential
cofounders will be made in the near future.