• …your art skills?
– Don’t be! You took this class to learn about art not
because you are already a master artist.
• …school starting?
– It’s okay! Take it on week, one day, one class
period at a time. The year will FLY by.
• 13th year at Hoban
• Artist: printmaker and
• Retread, Akron
• Married to Ms.
• Dog named Jonny
• Experience is the best teacher.
• A mistake is the first step towards a new
• The seeds of growth are fertilized by failed
• Surpass your expectations.
• Started as a stone mason
• His design for a church
dome was rejected
• He tried again and was
• The dome that he
designed changed the
way architecture and
• Began career as a painter
• Then started working in a
• His job was to clean off
bacteria sample trays
• Experimented with
bacteria to create new
• Accidentally discovered
• Approach everything with a respectful
• Come prepared.
• Be on time.
• Ask questions.
• No food in class…water is ok if in a clear
Bring Every Day…
• iPad Mini
• Ear Buds
• It’s an educational tool. Use it that way.
• I can check your device at any time for any
• When we’re not using it for class it is closed
and under your chair.
• No photos, video, or audio recording without
• USE THIS THING TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR
• Join my class in My Homework
• Check PowerGrade for assignment and grade
• Check the class blog
• Chat after class or before or after school
(before school is always better)
• Same in this class as it is in every other place
• I will tell the truth.
• I will do my own work, without illicit
• I will work to encourage honesty.