Nippon paint Cause Related Marketing Targeting: Autistic’s Family
Autism is a disorder ofneural developmentcharacterized by impairedsocial interaction andcommunication, and byrestricted and repetitivebehavior.
• The prevalence of autism is about 1–2 per 1,000 people worldwide, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report 11 per 1,000 children in the United States are diagnosed with autism as of 2008.• The number of people diagnosed with autism has increased dramatically since the 1980s.
• Theme: Nippon Paint, My Unique Artist.• Objective: Make sure the society got more concern about autistics,and have more understanding to autism children.
• Goal: 1)Build up or let the consumer got a positive image towards the brand. 2)Let the consumer know that our brand is a brand who are more altruistic-oriented than egoistic-oriented.
4 Steps to reach the goal:• First Step: Create an Autism foundation with all the Autism Society in Taiwan, build up a long term relationship with psychologists to provide or develop treatment to autistics .• Second Step: Make visits to the autistic’s family around Taiwan, to understand more about Autism Family and listen to their stories, and after that provide free service of painting their houses or send them some Nippon Paint products.
• Step Three: Create an image that the autistic is Always Unique Totally Interesting Sometimes Mysterious, to promote this.And an event will be conducted at a football field.• Activities: 1)We will make A3 sizes Glasses (like Sketch book) and the autistics will draw on the glasses. 2)After they finish drawing we will collect the glasses and make a book call Glass Book and this book will carry to all the place around Taiwan and make a Glass Book Gallery.
• Step Four: Record down the process of the campaign and show all the stories of the Autistic Family in order to let everyone know more about Autism and have more patient to autistics,the record will show every week with different stories.