3 Ways of How to Edit ePub FilesAll rights reserved—http://www.ipubsoft.com/
• There are a lot of ePub converters and ePub creators on the Internet. However, programs for editing ePub is fewer. We sometimes need to edit the ePub metadata. For example, if we create an ePub from other file formats, we may need to remove irregularities and make it better for reading on our device. Then how to edit ePub books? Following are 3 totally FREE ways to edit ePub files.
1. Freeware to Edit ePub Metadata• ePub Metadata Editor is a simple tool which allows you to view and edit metadata of ePubs. With it, you can easily change and add images, descriptions, book credits, publisher’s name, type, format, identifier, source, etc. Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
• How to use this ePub editor? Firstly, launch it on your computer. Click the Open button to load an ePub file. Then, you can change or add anything from the file title to author’s name, description, time stamp, series index, etc. You can easily change or add a cover by right-clicking on the cover image box. There is also an advanced pane that allows for certain batch operations as well as editing of the OPF and TOC.NCX files. Finally, after editing ePub, click Save button.
Extended knowledge: What is metadata?• Simply speaking, metadata is data about data. If an eBook is considered to be data then the information describing the book would be metadata. It is very important that this data be identified separately with keywords so that it can be used by library software to describe the eBook and by retailers to identify the contents. For ePub, the metadata files are OPF, TOC.NCX files.
2. Cross-Platforms ePub Editor• Sigil is a multi-platform eBook editor running on Windows, Linux and Mac for editing books in ePub format. It provides you with multiple views: Book View, Code View and Split View. Sigil accepts input files of TXT, HTML and ePub. So it can also be served as a great Text to ePub converter, or an excellent HTML to ePub converter. Thanks to its actually usable user interface, it is simple to use.
• The steps are as below: Launch Sigil, and open your ePub by clicking the Open button to browse your ePub file. Double click any HTML or XHTML files on the left sidebar and edit them just like you would in Word. The sidebar also gives you access to other parts of ePub file such as images and CSS.
3. Edit ePub with Dreamweaver• As we all know, Dreamweaver is a web development and design tool, which can normally handle (X)HTML. Inside the ePub file, which is effectively a ZIP file, there are various files and Dreamweaver will happily open the XHTML documents and display both the code and the design/layout. Now let’s learn how to edit ePub files with Dreamweaver.• STEP1: Configure Dreamweaver Since Dreamweaver can’t open components of ePub files by default, you need to change the preferences: Go to Dreamweaver > Preferences and open the File Types/Editors section. Add in this: .opf.ncx• STEP2 ： Unpack ePub file Rename the file with the extension .zip instead of .epub. Use an unzip tool to open the contents of the zip file.• STEP3: Edit in Dreamweaver Create a new site in Dreamweaver, and locate the folders created in STEP2, usually named OEBPS. Now you can edit the template CSS and the individual XHTML documents.
• STEP4: Re-zip the files After editing, you can re-pack the files and rename with the .epub extension.• Suggested Reading:iPubsoft PDF ConverterHow to Read ePub on PCRead Kindle Books on Nexus 7• Resource from:http://www.ipubsoft.com/epub/how-to-edit-epub-files.html