Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Keywords are crucial - do your research. Use in title
and throughout the content.
Think common natural words not academic talk or FIU lingo
Title tags and headlines are the hook
Great title = concise, newsworthy and keyword rich
8-12 words at very most, 1-2 keyword phrase – remember, we
need to to retweet
Use actual headers for subheads, not just bold
Link Keywords, not “click here” or “download”
Link within site to related articles or other sites with
Links from outside
Hard to do but not impossible
• Guest blog for other sites
• Comment on other sites and include links
• StumbleUpon, Digg Reddit (not every post, think pitching)
Use Keywords in image/ video filename and alt tags
Content is KING
Write content that people want to share and link to that
contains relevant keywords throughout
500 words post, 2-4 keyword mentions, word count half that
of conventional writing
When it comes down to it, SEO
is really as simple as 1, 2, 3
• First, you need the right keywords, so you understand the
language your readers, customers, or clients are using
when they search for you.
• Second, you need compelling content that people love
and search engines know is relevant to those searchers.
• Third, you need incoming links so search engines treat
your site as a trusted and relevant source.
• Keyword tools
• Writing for web handout
• Beginners guide to SEO