• What is your name?My name is Martha.What is his name?His name is Denis.What is her name?Her name is Doris.What are their names?Their names are Cristian and Judith.
• Where are you from?I am from Quito.Where is she from?She is from Ambato.Where are they from?They are from Guayaquil.
• Who is that?He is Paul.Who are they?They are Denis` friends.
CONTRACTIONSI am = I ‘mYou are= You´reHe is = He´sShe is = She´sIt is = It´sWe are= We´reThey are= They´re
• Where are you from?I´m from Quito.Where is she from?She´s from Ambato.Where are they from?They´re from Guayaquil.
• Who is that?He´s Paul.Who are they?They´re Denis` friends.
YES/NO QUESTIONS AND SHORT ANSWER WITH BE• Are you a student? No, I´m not. I´m the Director.• Is Sara from Quito? Yes, She is.• Are you and Bryan in the same University? No, we aren´t. (No, we´re not). We´re on the same basketball team.
SIMPLE PRESENT• What do you do? I´m a english student.• Where do your work? I work in an office.• Where does Julia work? She works for a public institution.• What does she do? She´s a architect.
FOCUS• I / You He / She do does work works teach teaches go goes have has
TIME EXPRESSIONS• I get up at 6:00 in the morning on weekdays.• I go to bed around ten in the evening on weekdays.• I leave work early in the afternoon on weekends.
• I get home late at night on Wednesdays.• I stay up until midnight on Saturdays.• I wake up before / after noon on Sundays.
WAYS TO EXPRESS CLOCK TIME• 7:00• Seven o´clock• Seven• 7:00 in the morning = 7:00 A.M.• 7:00 in the evening = 7:00 P.M.