•This myth is at the core of materialism.
•How can anyone think this?
•If people hear a lie long enough they
will believe it.
•How should we look at life?
•We must consider what God says about
life, true value, and what’s really
important! John 17:17; Titus 1:2
•Consider the rich man parable…
Luke 12:15-23, also 24-32
you are not what you own
• Thus, this myth is opposite of the Truth!
– Proof seen true with Job, riches were not why
he was faithful… Job 1:8-12, 20-22
• True Worth abides in God’s eyes, all are
created in His likeness. James 2:1-9; 3:9;
• He loves us all the same. John 3:16
– How will you value yourself? Eph. 5:29
– Now, how will you value others? Jas. 2:8
• Train by God’s wisdom. Prov. 30:8-9
you are what you think
• We become what we choose to become
spiritually. Prov. 23:7; 22:9; Deut. 15:9;
Mt. 6:23; 9:4
• Good or evil? Your choice! Mt. 12:35
• You must not love the world or the things
in the world. 1 Jn. 2:15-17; Ps. 119:36-37
– The world and its things are just temporal,
God and His things (of faith) are eternal!
2 Corinthians 4:16-18; 5:7;
Romans 8:24-25; Hebrews 11:1
life consists not in your things
• Life isn’t all about worldly possessions!
– Can’t take them with you, because they really
are not part of you. 1 Tim. 6:7
– Can’t save your soul, soul is more valuable…
– Can’t keep you alive forever… Heb. 9:27
• Riches can deceive you and cause you to
lose your soul! Revelation 3:15-19;
1 Timothy 6:10
your life is to be transformed
• Not be conformed to this world, but
transformed and live by what is that good
and acceptable and perfect will of God…
• Not to focus purely on earthly riches…
• But we should focus on knowing and
understanding God who exercises
lovingkindness, judgment, and
righteousness in the earth!
• Remember, what men highly esteem is an
abomination to God. Luke 16:13-15
• It’s better to have a little with righteousness
than much with wickedness. Psalm 37:16
• Man’s life does NOT consist in the abundance
of the material things he possesses. Luke 12:15
• We must seek to live life looking through
heaven’s eyes lest we lose our eternal life.
Invitation For You To Be Saved
• You are invited to receive the best riches which
are found in Christ! Eph. 1:3, 7, 18
• How do you get into Christ (Become Saved)?
– You hear and believe God’s word... John 6:45
– You have faith in Christ… John 8:24
– Your repentance of sin… Acts 2:38; 3:19
– Your confession of Christ… Acts 8:37
– Your baptism into Christ… Gal. 3:27;Acts 22:16