• “What lies ahead,” may be a question for
some but quite the statement of affirmation
• Let us examine God’s lessons for us here,
so we may be able to enjoy the life in
Christ like Paul did.
• In order to begin with the correct focus, let
us start in Phil. 3:1-3.
The Right Start!
• Moving ahead with God’s guidance will show
us to… Phil. 3:1-3
– Beware of evil. 1 Pet. 5:8; 1 Thes. 2:18
– Worship God in the Spirit. Jn. 4:24
– Rejoice in Christ. Phil. 4:4
– Have no confidence in the flesh.Gal.3:2-3,22ff
• These things will help our journey with Jesus
to be sure and safe.
The Right Goal…
• Is Christ and the blessings that come with Him!
– Christ is our forerunner and the Captain of our
salvation. Heb. 6:20; 2:10
– Our eyes should be set on Christ as our goal.
– This includes the high calling of God in Christ
Jesus. Our life is to be in Christ and following
Christ. Phil. 3:13-14; 1 Pet. 2:21; Rom. 8:28
The Right Reach!
• Paul was not remembering his old life, his focus
was the life that lies ahead of that! Jn. 10:10
• What lies ahead is living for and with Jesus.
– Righteousness from God by faith! Phil. 3:9
– Ability to know Christ & the power of His
resurrection. Phil. 3:10; 1 John 5:20
– To know the fellowship of His sufferings. Mt.5:10
– To have hope of the resurrection of the dead
unto eternal life. John 5;29; 1 Jn. 2:25
Are You On The Right Path?
• The right path is with the Lord Jesus!
Mt. 7:21; 17:5; Lk. 9:23
• Will you let go of the old life of sin and live
for God? You can! Rom. 6:11
• Christ says come to me! Mt. 11:28
– Hear and believe Christ’s word. Jn. 8:24
– Repent of sin or perish in it. Lk. 13:3
– Confess your faith in Christ. Acts 8:37
– Be baptized into Christ. Gal. 3:27
– Be faithful… Rev. 2:10; Mt. 28:20