• Why do so many belittle the importance of
prayer in their minds?
– Sadly, many folks don’t develop the
proper knowledge of prayer’s purpose.
• Prayer needs to be significant not
meaningless (as in vain repetitions).
– How can you be sure that your prayer is
Engage Your Mind!
Prayer is to be a matter of the heart!
• Make it a constant relationship habit.
Psalm. 5:3; 19:14; Acts 2:42
– Not by half-awake mumblings…
– Not by rambling unintelligently…
– Not with vain repetitions (mantras)… Mt. 6:7-8
– But with strong desire… Hebrews 5:7
– But with fervent spirit… Colossians 4:12
– “Let all that you do be done with love”
1 Corinthians 16:14
• Praise truly belongs to God. 1 Peter 4:11;
• Hallowed be Thy name… Matthew 6:9;
• Part of our praise to God is through
prayer! Hebrews 13:15
Don’t Pray Hypocritically!
• If hypocrite-like, your heart is not properly
set for prayer. Matthew 6:5
– Just to be seen by men (make a show) is not
the right heart for prayer.
• Some will want to appear to be righteous or
pious before men. Matthew 23:27-28
• But God prefers the humble and earnest
prayer in the secret (private) place
especially of your heart. Mt. 6:6; Lk. 18:9ff
– Which are you like, the Pharisee or Publican?
Prayer, Your Heart to God’s…
• God knows your needs (as much as you)
but wants you to ask for help. Matthew 6:8;
– Through this we learn our need for God, our
own needs, and the effectiveness of prayer.
– It is one way we realize and attain God’s
blessings to us by Christ. Philippians 4:19
Prayer Is a Matter of the Heart!
• Is thy heart right with God in prayer?
• Let us be sure to have the right heart as
we talk to God each day!
• Are you a Christian? Come to Jesus today
and be saved from your sin! 1 Cor. 15:3-4
– Hear & Believe the gospel. Rom. 1:16
– Repent of sin. Acts 2:38
– Confess Christ. Acts 8:37
– Be baptized. Acts 22:16