• In the beginning of Creation God made
everything very good! Gen. 1:31; Eccl. 7:29
• But Sin turned the world upside down.
–Now men live in a realm that is cursed.
Genesis 3:14-24; Romans 8:18-ff
–The future hope of the faithful is a world of
righteousness! Rev. 21:7; 2 Peter 3:13
• Today the Devil deceives most… 1 Jn. 5:19
• Now, what seems upside down to most people
in the world is really right-side up!
The World Sees God’s People
and Ways As Upside Down
• Sin seems acceptable to many but God’s Truth
does not… John 3:19-21
• Paul had to deal with this. Acts 17:1-7
• Isaiah faced this problem in his day too.
• How can we live upright in an upside down
world? John 17:6-17; Romans 8:29
–God’s word teaches us how! 1 Jn. 2:15-17
We Must Live Upright!
• We cannot be like the world! Luke 16:15
• The World must be allowed to see the Truth
being lived out. 2 Corinthians 3:2
• The World must get the opportunity to hear the
Truth of God. Mark 16:15
• We must live for Christ and show the world that
He is upright. 1 Jn. 4:10-14, 19
• It can be done! Gen. 7:1; Job 1:1; Col. 1:23
of the Upright
• The upright will be constantly transforming to
God’s ways… Romans 12:1-2
• One must build a firm Moral foundation…
Ephesians 5:1-7; Gal. 5:16-26
• Develop sound speech… Titus 2:8
• Learn to dress in pure adornment. 1Tim. 2:9-10
• Proper entertainment… Phil. 4:8
• Be observing God’s providence… Ps. 107:43
The Attitudes of the Upright
• They will have a good attitude to seek and
understand God’s ways. Prov. 23:23, 26
• We must note that the end of our ways must be
peace. Ps. 37:37; Jas. 3:17-18
• One must have an equal eye on all of God’s
commands! Ex. 32:15; Mt. 28:20
• We must not bend but stand straight and firm
as pillars, supporting God’s Truth. Acts 4:19;
20:27; Rev. 3:12; 1 Tim. 3:15
The Qualities of the Upright
• Shall allow God to direct their steps...
Proverbs 16:9; 21:29
• We will have the heart which cannot bear evil!
Rev. 2:2; Ps. 18:23
• Grows in holiness… Job 17:9
• Stays good in bad times… Job 27:6; 2:7-9
• Must develop and maintain a strong principle of
faith… Gal. 5:6; 3:2, 9
We Must Choose To Live Upright
In This Upside Down World!
• Will you turn things around for your eternal
good? 2 Tim. 1:9-10; Deut. 30:19-20
• Today is the day of salvation! 2 Cor. 6:2
• Be saved today!
–Hear & Believe the gospel… Rom. 1:16
–Repent of sin… Acts 2:38
–Confess Jesus… Acts 8:37
–Be baptized into Christ… Rom. 6:3-6
–Then, Be faithful… Revelation 2:10