• As we consider abundant
spiritual living, let us learn
about the necessity of
intentional prayer. John 10:10
• How can you get started?
• What good is this focus of
• What is intentional prayer?
I Tune Into God!
• God’s word the Bible is the station
we should listen to!
– For life… John 6:68;
1 Thessalonians 5:23-25
– For help… Psalm 119:173;
Isaiah 41:10; James 5:13
– For all things… 2 Peter 1:3
• Including how to pray
– We ought not be like the many who
do not tune into God. Prov. 1:22-25
God’s Will To Be Done!
• Intentional Prayer seeks to please God.
– Our attitude and habit should become
like Christ’s…Luke 22:42
• Our prayers and actions should reflect
obedience. Phil. 2:12-13
• We must desire and pray for things that
we know are according to His will.
1 John 5:14-15
For Others First!
• We obey God’s instruction by First of all
praying for all men, those in authority,
those in your country, county, city,
community, etc. 1 Tim. 2:1-2
– So that we may lead a life with the
pursuit of happiness!
– Coming to God in prayer should be our
first order of the day. Psalm 5:3
Prayer Is Our Lifeline!
• We learn that prayer is one of the most
important spiritual disciplines we can
develop. We must pray always. 1 Thes. 5:17
• If we follow God’s prescription for prayer we
will grow in our relationship with Him and
spiritually! Psalm 32:6; 1 Timothy 4:7-8
• How? “But in everything by prayer” means
we intentionally talk to God concerning
everything we plan/hope to do, etc. ...
Fill Your Life With
Intentional Fulfillment - John 16:24
• As we have seen, intentional prayer is the
key to fulfilling our abundant spiritual life in
• Is your soul ready for eternity? Mark 16:16
• Respond to Jesus plan of salvation!
– Hear and believe the gospel. 1 Cor. 15:3-4
– Repent of sinful living. Acts 2:38
– Confess Jesus. Romans 10:10
– Baptism to wash away your sin. Acts 22:16