• Before we came to God we mainly were
focused on things of the world (1 Jn. 2:1517). We were spiritually blinded from the
truth (2 Cor. 4:3-6).
• When we turn to God by His word we begin
to see Him and His truth through faith.
Romans 10:17; Mt. 13:13-17; Heb. 11:6
• The purpose of Christ’s truth is to open our
spiritual eyes of understanding and save us.
Building A New You Means…
• We realize that life and
blessings come from God.
• That you must develop eyes
that are open to God’s word.
Psalm 119:18, 24
• Our devotion to learn God’s
truth must be intense.
Open Eyes Are Grateful To God!
• We should seek God’s blessings and life.
• Because life and blessings come from God!
– Every good and perfect gift… James 1:17
– We have our life and breath and all things
from Him! Acts 17:25, 28
– We should develop the great reverence and
view of Job concerning life and death.
– Jesus wants us to enjoy life abundantly.
Open Eyes Will Seek God’s Truth!
• Because we know that it is God who can
open our eyes of understanding and fill us
with the knowledge we need! Ps. 119:18
• We will become an avid student of the Holy
Scriptures. 2 Tim. 3:15-17; 1 Tim. 4:15-16
• God will allow us to grow in our knowledge
and understanding as we study.
2 Timothy 2:15; Eph. 5:17
– Through this God will strengthen and
ground us in the truth of Christ.
Col. 2:6-7; Eph. 3:16-19
Open Eyes Will Be Devoted To God!
• We must develop an understanding of the
immense value of God’s word.
Psalm 119:20, 81
– Just as we see in Proverbs 13:12-14…
• Thus, our devotion to God who gives us this
understanding and wisdom will increase more
and more. Psalm 119:33-40, 44
– We become faithfully dedicated to God.
Proverbs 16:3; 1 Peter 4:19
– This will cause us to be right in God’s sight.
Let Jesus Open Your Eyes!
• Be sure to come to God and open
your eyes so that you can truly
become that new creation in Christ
that God has called us to be.
• Jesus says to become saved:
– Hear and learn… John 6:45; 14:6
– Believe the gospel…Mark 16:15-16
– Repent of sin… Luke 24:47
– Confess Him… Matthew 10:32
– Be baptized… Mark 16:16