•As we can see in Psalm 65, being
thankful to God helps us recognize
His kindness, providence, and care.
•The thankful heart is the beginning
of a fulfilled life.
•If you want your life to be fulfilling as
God has prescribed, you will give thanks
in everything. John 10:10; 1 Thes. 5:18
• We should want to give thanks to God!
– To God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
– In order to return thanks to the One who is
always so good to us. Jas. 1:17; 1 Tim. 6:17
– It is done in prayer and song. Neh. 11:17;
• Because we love God and He commands
it… John 14:15; Eph. 5:20
We Give Thanks To God!
• “It is good to give thanks to the Lord…”
• He is good to us and His mercy endures
forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
• We remember His holiness. Psalm 30:4
• Knowing He/His name is near. Psalm 75:1
• We are His people and want to praise Him
to all generations. Psalm 79:13
• He rules with His great power. Rev. 11:17
• To be truly blessed… Revelation 22:14
• Because it is God’s will for us. 1 Thes. 5:18
• Because He has made us fit to be partakers
of the inheritance. Col. 1:12
• Because He causes us to triumph.
2 Cor. 2:14; Psalm 106:47
• Because He loves us and has washed us
from our sins in His own blood. Rev. 1:5
– He also gives us victory over sin. 1 Cor. 15:57
• For our brethren. 2 Thes. 2:13
Be Sure That You Give
Thanks To God Always!
• Let us always work to have this heart that
allows us to be truly thankful and fully
enjoy the blessings that we have received.
• Have you been saved from your sins?
• Be saved by…
– Hearing & Believing the gospel. Rom. 1:16
– Repenting of your sins. Acts 2:38
– Confessing Christ. Acts 8:37
– Baptism into Christ. Gal. 3:27; Acts 22:16