‘‘We need more data opened’’
‘‘The open data quality is so low’’
‘‘We need all data, we don’t want
only the ‘cooked’ data’’
‘‘Governments open data that we
‘‘We need to homogenize all open
In fact, if you want to do
business you don’t need
open data, you need
What is the difference?
• Open Data is for data.
• Open Information Systems is for data and for
• In many cases, Open Data is for static data.
• Open Information Systems is (always) real time data.
• Open Data portals could have APIs.
• Open Information Systems must have APIs.
• Open Data portals offer free and unrestricted data.
• Open Information Systems open information
systems in a secured and controlled way.
Give me an example…
CC BY-SA-3.0 Wikimedia Commons: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USB_Connector.jpg
iCity is a way to open
information systems of
several cities in a
(regardless of inner
Its main goal is to make
easier the opening of City
Information Systems and
offer them to third parties to
"The ability of third parties to
participate is what makes
Open Data truly transformative"
Beth Noveck, (former US CTO for oGov initiative)
“Open Data – The Democratic Imperative" (2012)
More info? EPSI Platform
Is Open Data
enough for business?
Marc Garriga: http://mgarrigap.info/
Big Data Week 2014
Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona, CCCB
Barcelona, May, 8th, 2014