“How to showcase OpenERP”Nora Marcon, Education AccountManager, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Our Webinars Recordings To help you to be more familiar with OpenERP, we invite you to follow the introduction to OpenERP made by one of our consultants: https://openerp.webex.com/cmp0306lc/webcomponents/jsp/docshow/closewi Want to have a more clear view about the main functionalities cover by OpenERP? Then take a look at our Webinars recorded:https://openerp.webex.com/openerp/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=40534287&rKey=0 Login: OpenERP s.a. Password: openerp-123
2. Install a Virtual Machine to do your demo To work in a more stable environment we suggest you to install a Virtual Machine.Contact:Gary Malherbe (System Administrator)email@example.comTel: 081 81 37 00 (ext: 08)
3. Follow the script We use the same script to showcase OpenERP. To help you to reproduce the same scenario, you will find at this following link the methodology step by step:https://docs.google.com/a/openerp.com/open?id=0B7RdQKYYS8JHMTg4ZTY3ZDEtNzgxOS00
1. First Install your databases! § A full version with the main features of OpenERP (CRM, Sales, Purchases, Accounting, Manufacturing, Warehouse, Project, HR) § A short version only with the CRM installed
2. Explain the maindifferences betweenthe two clients
Ø Make a short demonstration (45minutes maximum);Ø Don’t go too deep into the software;Ø Create and follow a script for your presentation (roles, real scenarios, stories);Ø Engage your participants in the presentation (ask for a business card);Ø The goal is to give a generic demonstration and make them want to use it;Ø The next step should be a customized demonstration, not free of charge this time
9. Continually increaseyour knowledge about OpenERP, yourdemonstration will be better and better!
BooksOpenObject Press just released 3 books based on the version 6.0of OpenERP. These books are dedicated to our Partners and end users who want to improve continually their knowledge on OpenERP.
10. Stay updated with the last OpenERP improvements and references!
● Exercice 1 Ø CRM Presentation You are a Salesman who is just coming back from an exhibition and met few leads.Encode your leads into the CRM, convert the most interesting to an opportunity.Interact with your prospect, log your calls, schedule a meeting, add a next action stepand an expected date of closing!
● Exercice 2 Ø Sales Management You are a Salesman who is closing a deal. Send a quotation to your customer.Change the language set by default for your customer on its form and add French. Thegoal is to save the quotation in French on your laptop and add the document on yourcustomer form as attachment. Confirm the order and create the final invoice.
● Exercice 3 Ø Manufacturing and Warehouse Create quickly a Sales order and add a PC2 as product. You are the manufacturerand you are launching your production order related to the sales order you made.Your are now the warehouseman, process your products, print your picking list and goto your stock!
● Exercice 4 Ø Configuration Show how flexible OpenERP is! You are a functional consultant and you want tomodify a view in adding a new field. You are now a technical consultant and you arereviewing the internal process of your company. Modify the purchase workflow,create a Validation step and add a condition and an action!
● Exercice 5 Ø Ease of use OpenERP is a dynamic software that runs on the latest technologies! Show that youcan handle easily the software thanks to some tools which help the end user find hisway! Open a section and look at the different views available (calendar, list, form,process). Add a shortcut. Show drag and drop.