Be A Glocal Communicator
Project A Global Image
Project a Global Image
• Widespread distribution still essential
•Hit all key touch points…equally and
Press releases: Immediate, synchronous
SEO: Better results = more eyeballs
Multimedia: Drives interest; gets people
•Messages must resonate outside
M t t t id
• Age, Ethnicity, Language
…While Thinking Glocally
• Mass appeal = overarching goal
• Message development and customization
• Targeting (media outreach)
• Engaging and interacting
• Language and syntax
demand specific techniques
Simply translating text is
Focus Customs and traditions
R i ll must b observed
t be b d
h l i l
Varying Cultures, Opportunities
Perception vs. Reality
A Border Apart
The Case of Costa Rica & Panama
• Th C f C t Ri & P
• Neighbors on a map; but
• Applying PEST
– Is this an open or closed society?
I thi l d i t ?
– What means are available?
– How do people behave/react? Passions?
– Where on they on the technology tree?