Video your best friend by Tyler Lessard (Vidyard) at mesh14
WHY VIDEO IS YOUR
New Online World"
1. Expectations of online audiences are changing"
2. Engaging, entertaining, and educational content is everywhere"
3. Attention spans are decreasing"
4. You are in a highly competitive market in the battle for attention
span and audience engagement (yes, you compete with cat videos)"
Content producers are
increasing their investments in
online video as a medium"
And by the way, YOU are a
▶ Facts tell, but stories sell"
THE POWER OF VIDEO "
▶ Powerful medium for both the consumer and the
▶ Video is an expected and preferred online medium"
▶ Opportunity to engage and connect"
The new secret weapon of content producers"
Leaders and innovators are now thinking acting like media companies"
ACTUALLY, LET’S DO VIDEO RIGHT…"
You need to hone your skills,
hire real storytellers, and
make your message count.
Quick Tip: An increasing number of businesses are hiring in-house
writers, creative design, and video production talent"
I HAVE GREAT CONTENT! NOW WHAT?"
1. Content publishing and syndication to maximize reach"
2. Maximizing SEO to increase eyeballs on your content"
3. Beyond YouTube: Creating your own video channels"
4. Engaging viewers with interactive content"
5. Identifying and tracking your viewers > who’s watching what?"
6. Integrating viewing data with your business workﬂow"
7. Tracking video performance data and insights that matter"
8. Tracking and reporting on the actual ROI of each video asset"
▶ How long should my video content be?
As short as possible to get the message across! Aim for no more than 60-90 seconds!
TIPS, TRICKS & FAQs"
▶ What metrics should I be tracking beyond view counts?"
Viewer engagement and drop-off rates, views by channel, new leads captured, etc."
▶ How do I determine the right style and mood?"
Depends on type of video, target audience, stage of ‘buying cycle’, etc.!
▶ How can I increase output without blowing my budget?"
Hire an in-house video producer!! Your ROI will be signiﬁcant…!
▶ Should I be using YouTube? "
Yes, as a place for people to discover. BUT you also want your videos on your own
website and this is where you should send people to as a destination!!