What Causes Dry Eye?
Common causes of dry eyes include:
● Dry environment or workplace (wind, air
● Sun exposure
● Smoking or second-hand smoke exposure
● Cold or allergy medicines
● An eye injury or other problem with your eyes or
eyelids (like a drooping eyelid or bulging eyes)
● Sjogren's syndrome -- includes dry eyes, mouth,
and mucus membranes, and often rheumatoid
arthritis or other joint disorder.
● Previous eye surgery
● Some medications.
?What to expect at the Doctors office .
To help better understand your dry eyes, your healthcare
provider may ask the following:
● How long have you had dry eyes? Does it involve one or both
● Do you have it all of the time or does it only occur at certain
times, with certain activities, or in certain places?
● Does the dryness seem related to wind, dust, chemicals, sun,
or light exposure?
● Does it affect your vision?
● Does it cause pain?
● Do your eyelids close easily?
● Have you noticed any drainage from your eyes?
● Does anything make your dry eyes worse?
● Does anything make your dry eyes better?
● Have you tried artificial tears? Do they help?
● Are you taking any medications? Which ones?
● Have you had surgery or an injury to your eyes or
● Do you have allergies?
● Have you been using any new cosmetics?
● Do you have any other symptoms like dry mouth
or joint discomfort?
Some of the equipment the MD will use in your visit.
Tower style-Magnification change -Five Position revolving Drum
Angle between eyepieces-13º
Total magnification Ratio-6X, 10X, 16X, 25X, 40X
Pupillary adjustment - 52mm～78mm
Diopter adjustment- ±6D
Field of view-40X (∅5.5mm), 25X (∅8.5mm), 16X (∅13.5mm), 10X (∅22mm), 6X (∅34.7mm)
Slit width-Continuously variable from 0 to 14mm (at 14mm, slit becomes a circle)
Slit length-Continuously variable from 1mm to 14mm
Aperture diameters-∅14mm，∅10mm，∅5mm，∅3mm,∅2mm， ∅1mm,∅0.2mm
Slit angle-0°-180° //Slit inclination 4 step -5°, 10°, 15°, 20°//Filters -thermal safety, UV, Red-free, Cobalt Blue
Lamp -6V/20W Halogen Lamp (OSRAM, Import from Germany)
SL7D/Tower style Slit Lamps
with 5 magnifications
SYSTEM B was upgraded by the Slit Lamps with the CCD Adaptor, Beam Splitter and CCD with high speed and resolution.
Besides the functions of the Slit Lamps it also has the following functions: 1) 5.0 mega high-definition static image capture. 2)
Easy operated patients' information management, diagnosis report can be edited.
Applanation Tonometer, Beam Splitter, DC Adaptor, DC, Video Camera Adaptor, Video Camera, BacLite Background Illumination Model,
Teaching Tube, etc... Yellow Filter, Amber Filter, Polarizer Filter and Measuring Eyepiece are available.
HVS900/Slit Lamp Digital Video System HVS900
5 Mega pixels resolution and 1/2.5 inch CCD
produce high definition image. With CMOS leaner
array, all tiny subjects are shown clearly.
Easy USB Transfer
One power cable and one data line will realize
data transmission easily. Neither hardware
nor computer configuring is required.
Infrared control, easy-operating and no
electromagnetic radiation, is much safer and
more stable. Its hardware compatibility is
maturest and widest.
Enhanced Auto Exposure Settings
Target area sizecon controlled by auto
exposure is changed easily via moving the
mouse lightly. Any area is shown clearly.
The most compact imaging module (L135 mm
x W74mm x H48.5mm) makes it installed
conveniently and operated easily.
Simple design style and friendly interface help
operators handle it quickly.
RAW/PNG/BMP/JPG output file format are
compatible with most of the third-party
Professional patient information management
platform is important to conduct centralized
management for patient information. This
platform support integrated function print.
Practical Image Processing
Practical image processing can meet most of
This video was made by the Instructional Design Department at
Contact information: email@example.com.