1. W H Y Y O U S H O U L D S T R E T C H
M E L I S S A K E R O A C K :
2. • Stretching on a regular basis is just as important as getting an adequate
amount of exercise per week.
• However, most people tend to overlook the importance of stretching and
will skip it completely, thinking that it will do little to improve their fitness.
3. • Stretching should be
included with every
workout, and can even
substitute a workout if your
body needs it.
• Here are some reasons
why you should stretch
more and make it a part of
your everyday routine…
4. • First, let’s talk about why
stretching is good for your body.
• To start with, it helps improve
your ﬂexibility and in turn
increases your range of motion.
• This is particularly important for
athletes who need to make sure
their ﬂexibility levels are high so
that their chances of injuring a
5. • Stretching also increases
your posture because it
lengthens tight muscles
that tend to pull areas of
the body away from their
original intended position.
• In addition, stretching helps
increase blood and nutrient
supply to your muscles,
which can reduce muscle
6. • Stretching is not only
beneficial for you
physically, but it is also
proven to have positive
effects for your mind.
• Stretching for just 10 to 15
minutes per day can help
calm your mind and give
your body a chance to
7. Many yoga and pilates classes incorporate stretching with
strength and mind exercises that allow you to release physical
and mental tension while also helping you increase your
8. H E R E A R E S O M E T H I N G S T O K E E P I N M I N D A S
Y O U T H I N K A B O U T S T R E T C H I N G R E G U L A R LY:
• Though many people think that stretching should be
done before a workout, it is important that you stretch
after a workout when your muscles are warmed up.
• Focus on muscles that need the most help - spend a
longer amount of time stretching muscles that you can
feel are tight or more prone to injury
• Stretch for a long period of time once a week - this can
be done through an hour-long yoga class or through
your own flexibility routine.
9. Hopefully, you will begin to
implement more stretching
as part of something you do
on a daily basis, because it is
not only good for your body,
but for your mind aswell.
10. • Stretching is a way for you to get and stay healthier and so you
can prevent yourself from getting injured.
• For more information on why stretching is good for you, read
this article published on LifeHacker.com.