Screen Grabs of contents page By Melissa Edwards
In this screenshot I have justput boxes and little notesaround to just get started.I have used tools such as theimage tool, text tool andcolour scheme.
In this screenshot I started towrite out my contents andadd numbers. However i amplanning on changing thecolour scheme and picture asit doesnt relate to the targetaudience .I have used tools such as thetext tool and move tool.
In this screenshot I started toadd more pictures howeverthe pictures were not goodquality and therefore I need tochange them. I have alsostarted to fiddle with thecolour scheme which originallymatched my questionnaire.However this did not workwith my theme of indietherefore needed to bechanged.I have used the image tool andtext tool, as well as the movetool.
In this screenshot I changedthe colours to red, black andwhite. I also moved thepictures around, and changedthe person who was on myfront cover because the personI originally used didnt look toindie . I also moved thepositional statement above themasthead as it stood out more.I have used the image tool andmove tool.
In this screenshot I started toadd there page number, so youcan follow the article or review,however this style of writing isnot write for a indie magazine.I have used the text tool a lotand using the colour scheme.
In this screenshot I started toadd quotes and mastheads tothat certain picture however Idid not make it clear enoughto were each quote belongsto which image.I have used the text tool andmove tool.
In this screen shot I haveseparated each article with ayellow line, I used the shape toolto create the line.I have also added the issue of thisweeks front cover at the bottom,I did this by saving the frontcover as a JPEG image and addingit as an image onto quark. I usedthe image tool to do this andused the rotator tool to turn it ona slant.
In this screen shot I have taken out thepositional statement as it is not neededon the contents page.I have also done each number in acolour (red) and taken out the dot aftereach number.I have used the colour scheme anddelete button.
I have changed the masthead to‘Indi’ to match my front coveras it is now short and more eyecatching. I have changed mycentral image as it is moreeffective. I have changed thefront size of artillery to make itstand out more.The tools I have used arepicture box tool, front size, andthe move tool.
I have delete the editors letter tomake more room for anotherphoto of Natalie. I have moved thephotos onto the other side the fitthe writing in. I have put thenumbers at the top of the pictureto make them stand out more andI have put the writing over the topof the photo some its more clearand the photos could be bigger. Ihave also made the boardersbigger so it stands out more andshows the colour.
I have made ‘contents’ more widerand ‘indi’ now matches the frontcover masthead. I have added in aphoto of the front cover of thismonths issue on the bottom.