Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Multimedia bciu march

262 views

Published on

Created by Melissa Kamiya
For Rich Kiker
Multimedia in the Classroom
Bucks County Intermediate Unit #22
March, 2011

Published in: Education
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Multimedia bciu march

  1. 1. Multimedia in the Classroom<br />Melisa Kamiya<br />March 2011<br />
  2. 2. What’s a Picture Worth?<br />
  3. 3. Students know the value of pictures and in today’s classroom they are more valuable than ever. Teachers can spend hours looking for the perfect photo to accompany their lesson, or just the right clip art for the right effect. Time was, only expensive programs like Photo Shop could deliver to us the tools needed to create the perfect shot, now we have access to powerful free photo editing sites. More important, we can share these sites with our students. <br /><ul><li>Writing Prompts
  4. 4. Vocabulary
  5. 5. Cycles
  6. 6. Diagrams
  7. 7. Problems
  8. 8. Current Events
  9. 9. History
  10. 10. Art
  11. 11. Global Issue
  12. 12. Community Awareness</li></li></ul><li>On The Go…...<br />Students can take their learning with them with podcasts. One on one instruction, lectures and other interactions and conversations can happen anywhere anytime.<br />
  13. 13. Podcasts<br />Students want their information on demand and teachers can create podcasts to fill that need. Ipod carts for the classroom, obtained through a grant, allow the student to “talk” to the teacher. Instant playback is the motivator for practice and practice facilitates learning.<br />
  14. 14. Create Movement<br />Students can create projects and express their ideas creatively with professional results<br />
  15. 15. Why Movies?<br />Now combine effective visuals and audio, and you’ve got the students hooked from the start .<br />Video is all that ramped up, attention grabbing power in the hands of a teacher. Now we can customize it to fit our needs, our teachingstyles and our students. If we can do all that, imagine what our students can do with video. <br />
  16. 16. Most Helpful Resources <br />For Photos:<br />Pixlr.com<br />Flauntr.com<br />Photbucket.com<br />For Video:<br />iMovie<br />For Audio:<br />Garage Band<br />Personally, I enjoy learning using a Moodle website 90% of the time. Sitting down and getting to work when I feel creative is a luxury that only online learning can generate. The other 10% percent of the time brings incredible frustration. The most challenging aspect of this course was the picture editing. I was searching all over for tutorials and slowing them down so I could understand. The movie was also frustrating. I know what I want to create, but I still feel there is so much more for me to learn. This course was the tip of the iceberg for me.<br />Melissa Kamiya<br />

×