ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
4.1 DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
1. Expectations from Appraisal System :

Expectation from...
2. Awareness about Responsibilities :
Options

Response

Yes

86%

No

14%

Awareness about Responsibilities
Yes

14%

No
...
3. Satisfaction Level among appraise regarding Appraisal System :

Options

Response

Fully Dissatisfied

28%

Partially d...
4. Awareness about performance ratings :

Options

Response

Yes

34%

No

66%

Awarness about Performance Rating
Yes

No
...
5. Allowing Self ratings :
Options

Response

Yes

92%

No

8%

Self Rating Should be allowed
Yes

No

8%

92%

INTERPRETA...
6. Chance to rate your own performance
Options

Response

Yes

23%

No

77%

Rate your own performance
Yes

No

23%

77%

...
7. Timing of Appraisals

Options

Response

Monthly

2%

Quarterly

3%

Half yearly

11%

Annual

84%

Timing of Appraisal...
8. Credibility of Appraiser
Options

Response

Yes

37%

No

63%

Credibility of Appraiser
Yes

No

37%

63%

INTERPRETATI...
9. Complaint channel for employees

Options

Response

Yes

27%

No

73%

Complaint Channel for employees
Yes

No

27%

73...
10. Standards communicated to employees
Options

Response

Yes

36%

No

64%

Standards Communicated to Employees
Yes

No
...
11. Performance Appraisal
Options

Response

Immediate Supervisor

91%

Peer Appraisal

0%

Rating Committee

9%

Self rat...
12. Clear understanding of Appraisee’s job
Options

Response

Yes

77%

No

23%

Clear understanding of Appraisee's Job
Ye...
13. Objectives of Appraisal System
Options

Response

Yes

50%

No

50%

Objective of Appraisal System

50%

50%
Yes
No

I...
14. Good communication between top management and business goals
Options

Response

Yes

22%

No

78%

Good communication ...
15. Comments and suggestions to be considered

Options

Response

Yes

98%

No

2%

Comments and suggestion to be consider...
16. Post Appraisal interview

Options

Response

Yes

30%

No

70%

Post Appraisal Interview
Yes

No

30%

70%

INTERPRETA...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Chapter 4 (1)

672 views

Published on

Published in: Business
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Chapter 4 (1)

  1. 1. ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION 4.1 DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION 1. Expectations from Appraisal System : Expectation from Appraisal System An insight into your strengths and weakness 312 Guideline for training Plan 254 Assistance in goal 228 Decision on layoff 354 Determination of promotion or transfer Score 109 Salary Administration and Benefits 87 0 50 100 150 200 250 300 350 400 Respondents were asked to rank the various options according to their preference. (Rank 1 being most preferred and rank 6 being least preferred). Then scoring was given on the basis of ranks. 1 mark was allotted to rank 1, 2 marks for rank 2 and so on. Particular Score Overall Rank Salary Administration and Benefits 87 1 Determination of promotion or transfer 109 2 Assistance in goal 228 3 Guideline for training plan 254 4 An insight into your strengths and weakness 312 5 Decision to layoff 354 6 INTERPRETATION From the above table it can be seen that employees expect “Salary Administration and Benefits” to be the main reason for conducting a Performance Appraisal. “Decision to layoff” is of least importance as per the appraisee. 54
  2. 2. 2. Awareness about Responsibilities : Options Response Yes 86% No 14% Awareness about Responsibilities Yes 14% No 86% INTERPRETATION From the graph it can be seen that majority of employees are aware about their responsibilities, which implies that the appraisers have efficiently communicated to the appraisees all the parameters that will be taken into account during appraisal. 86% respondents are aware about responsibilities and 14% respondents are not aware about responsibilities. 55
  3. 3. 3. Satisfaction Level among appraise regarding Appraisal System : Options Response Fully Dissatisfied 28% Partially dissatisfied 42% Satisfied 23% Partially satisfied 5% Fully Satisfied 2% Satisfaction Level Fully Dissatisfied Partially dissatisfied 5% Satisfied Partially satisfied Fully Satisfied 2% 28% 23% 42% INTERPRETATION From graph it can be seen that majority of the respondents are partially dissatisfied with the appraisal system. 23% respondents are satisfied with appraisal system .28% respondents are fully dissatisfied with appraisal program. Only a merger 7% were satisfied with the Performance Appraisal programs. 56
  4. 4. 4. Awareness about performance ratings : Options Response Yes 34% No 66% Awarness about Performance Rating Yes No 34% 66% INTERPRETATION This clearly shows that majority of the employees are not aware about the performance ratings that are taken into account while conducting a performance appraisal. 66 % respondents are not aware about the performance ratings. Only 34% respondents are aware about the performance ratings. 57
  5. 5. 5. Allowing Self ratings : Options Response Yes 92% No 8% Self Rating Should be allowed Yes No 8% 92% INTERPRETATION From graph it can be seen that majority of respondents want self rating to be a method of conducting the appraisals . 92% respondents want self ratingmethod . 58
  6. 6. 6. Chance to rate your own performance Options Response Yes 23% No 77% Rate your own performance Yes No 23% 77% INTERPRETATION From the graph we can see that majority of the employees are not given a chance to rate their own performance in the organization. 77% respondents are not given a chance to rate their own performance and 23% respondents are given a chance to rate their own performance. 59
  7. 7. 7. Timing of Appraisals Options Response Monthly 2% Quarterly 3% Half yearly 11% Annual 84% Timing of Appraisal Monthly Quaterly Half Yearly Annual 2% 3% 11% 84% INTERPRETATION This shows that most of the employees wants that the organisation conduct their Performance Appraisal programs annually. A very small percentage of the employees wants the organisation conduct Performance Appraisals on a half yearly basis. The share of the quarterly and monthly appraisals are extremely minimal. 60
  8. 8. 8. Credibility of Appraiser Options Response Yes 37% No 63% Credibility of Appraiser Yes No 37% 63% INTERPRETATION This shows that according to the employees/appraisees the credibility of the appraiser is extremely important and it has an effect on the overall Performance appraisal program. 61
  9. 9. 9. Complaint channel for employees Options Response Yes 27% No 73% Complaint Channel for employees Yes No 27% 73% INTERPRETATION This shows that there is no proper complaint channel existing in the organisations for the employees who are dissatisfied with the performance appraisal system.73% respondents are agree that there is no proper complaint channel in the organization. 62
  10. 10. 10. Standards communicated to employees Options Response Yes 36% No 64% Standards Communicated to Employees Yes No 36% 64% INTERPRETATION From this it can be seen that there is a clear majority among the employees who say that the standards on the basis of which the performance appraisal is carried out is not communicated to the employees before hand. 64% respondents are not communicated with standards on the basis of which the performance appraisal is carried out. 63
  11. 11. 11. Performance Appraisal Options Response Immediate Supervisor 91% Peer Appraisal 0% Rating Committee 9% Self rating 0% Appraisal by Subordinates 0% Performance Appraisal Immediate Supervisor Peer appraisal Self Rating Appraisal by subordinates 0% Rating committee 0% 9% 91% INTERPRETATION Almost all the Performance Appraisals are carried our by the Immediate Supervisor in these organisations. In very few organisations, Rating committees carry out the performance appraisals. None of the organisations use Peer Appraisals, Appraisals by subordinates and Self rating as a method of Performance Appraisal. 64
  12. 12. 12. Clear understanding of Appraisee’s job Options Response Yes 77% No 23% Clear understanding of Appraisee's Job Yes No 23% 77% INTERPRETATION This shows that the performance Appraisal programs are successful in giving a clear understanding of the appraisee’s job to both appraiser and appraisee. 77% respondents are agree that the performance appraisal programs are successful in giving a clear understanding of the appraisee’s job. 65
  13. 13. 13. Objectives of Appraisal System Options Response Yes 50% No 50% Objective of Appraisal System 50% 50% Yes No INTERPRETATION From the figure we can derive that the objective for conducting the Appraisal system is clear only to half of the employees. The remaining half are not clear about the objective for which the Performance Appraisal is carried out. 66
  14. 14. 14. Good communication between top management and business goals Options Response Yes 22% No 78% Good communication between Top management and Business goal Yes No 22% 78% INTERPRETATION This shows that the appraisal systems do not provide a good communication flow of the top-management plans and business goals to the staff below. 78% respondents are agree that the appraisal program do not provide a good communication between top management and business goal. 67
  15. 15. 15. Comments and suggestions to be considered Options Response Yes 98% No 2% Comments and suggestion to be considered Yes No 2% 98% INTERPRETATION Almost all the employees expect that their comments and suggestions should be taken into consideration while conducting the Performance Appraisal. 98% employees expect that their comments and suggestions should be taken into consideration. 68
  16. 16. 16. Post Appraisal interview Options Response Yes 30% No 70% Post Appraisal Interview Yes No 30% 70% INTERPRETATION As per the response from the employees we can see that there is no interview conducted after the appraisal program for majority of the employees. 70% respondents are agree that there is no interview conducted after appraisal program. 69

×