Reputation Monitoring and
measuring the impact of Social
Alan Stevens, MediaCoach
• How are you seen?
• How often?
• By how many?
• Positive or Negative?
• Local or global?
• How does it match your perception?
It’s all about listening
• Customers speaking to you
• People speaking about you
• People speaking about your competitors
• People speaking about your customers
• People talking about your market
• Number of unique visitors.
• Sources of visitors.
• Top performing keywords.
• Length of time spent on site.
• Entry point.
• Exit point.
• Whether a visitor takes up an offer (such
as signing up for more information).
A Social Media Strategy (1)
• Define your objective(s). Keep them
• Decide how your objectives will be
• Decide on the message you want to send
• Decide on your target market.
A Social Media Strategy (2)
• Set up your measurement tools.
• Conduct any pre-campaign surveys.
• Decide what tools you will use.
• If using social media, set up accounts if
you don’t already have them.
• Decide whether to do it all yourself or use
• Run final sanity checks to make sure that
there is a potential return on investment.
A Social Media Strategy (3)
• Launch the campaign.
• Monitor the results.
• Amend the campaign if necessary.
• At the end of the campaign, gather all the
• Analyse the results in detail.
• Review your next PR activity.
Thanks for listening
Web : www.mediacoach.co.uk
Phone: 020 8220 6919
LinkedIn : mediacoach