A chicken has 78 Chromosomes in
its Somatic Cells:
• How many chromosomes did the chicken
inherit from each parent?
• How many chromosomes are in each of
the chicken’s gametes?
• How many chromosomes will be in each
somatic cell of the chicken’s offspring?
• How many chromosomes are in a “set”
• Which came first…chicken or egg?
General Background Questions:
• What is the genome, transcriptome and
What is aneuploidy?
• What was the “conundrum” they identified
in the Introduction?
What are the two experimental
• Diagram why meiosis with odd ploidy (3N
or 5N) would produce aneuploids.
What are key
ab, ef, and gh?
Why is strain
A16 a good
focus on for
• What are: C•
some XIII, ATR1,
What is their
Gene dosage effect or
Aneuploidy has global and complex
effects on both the transcriptome
and proteome levels, and that an
increase in stress gene
expression is not an obligate
property of aneuploidy strains