Alzheimers is the term used to describe a gradual mentaldecline in individuals. Bit by bit, it destroys the cognitiveprocess, logical thought, and verbal communication of theaffected person. In the mild phase of Alzheimers, a patientforgets his daily routine. Things, places or people that werefamiliar earlier, seem new and unrecognizable. In the moderatephase, behavioral problems start occurring, while in the laststage, they forget everything and everyone completely. Theyforget even simple activities like eating food or drinking water.The reason why this disease occurs in humans is not definitelyknown till date. Though Alzheimers is an irreversible disease,certain home remedies can prove to be beneficial in curbing it.Read on to explore some natural remedies for Alzheimers.
• Advancing age• Family history of the disease• Faulty lifestyle factors• Serious head injury• External environmental factors such as water, soil or air• Internal environmental factors such as a slow virus, an imbalance of chemicals or a problem with the immune system• High blood pressure• Heart disease/stroke• Diabetes• Cholesterol• Excessive smoking• Heavy consumption of alcohol• Hyperhomocystinemia (high blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine)• Apolipoprotein E-4
• Downs Syndrome• Head trauma• Depression• Reduced blood flow• Estrogen imbalance• Nutritional deficiencies, including low levels of folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12• Neurotransmitter deficits• Metabolic deficits• Exposure to neurotoxins in the environment (mercury, lead, pesticides, defoliants, fumigants, electromagnetic fields, iron, etc)
• Memory loss• Difficulty in performing familiar tasks• Problems with language (i.e. trouble finding the right word, even simple ones)• Disorientation to time and place• Poor or decreased judgment• Problems with abstract thinking• Misplacing things (includes putting things in unusual places: an iron in the freezer)• Changes in mood or behavior• Changes in personality• Loss of initiative• Indifference or lack of concern• Irritability• Depression
• Anxiety• Increased difficulty with name and face recognition• Disturbed sleep patterns• Loss of bladder and bowel control• Total loss of self• Paranoia and delusions
• The best and easiest way to cure Alzheimers disease is to have lots of raw carrots. Consumption of carrots, as salad or in the form of juice, helps improve memory.• Eating fish has been found to be beneficial for people suffering from Alzheimers. It aids normal functioning of the brain.• Patients with Alzheimers should make it a habit to write down their regular routine. They must try to memorize it and thereafter, recall it after some time.• Biofeedback is also a good way to cure Alzheimers. In this process, the patient is made aware of his quantifiable bodily functions such as blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugar and skin temperature. This raises the patients awareness as well as his conscious control of the involuntary physiological activities.• A study claims that proper intake of Vitamin E slows the progression of Alzheimers disease by as much as 25%. Almonds, avocado, hazelnuts, vegetable oils, whole grain
products and egg yolk are some of the food srich in Vitamin E. Try to consume these food items as much as possible.• It is said that the extract of ginkgo biloba, an herb, can improve the brain functioning. 100 to 200 mg of ginkgo biloba extract, 3 times a day, would aid the mental functioning of people with Alzheimers.• Some herbs increase the production of Acetylcholine in the brain and in turn, help in treating or curing Alzheimers. Such herbs include horse balm, rosemary, dandelion, fava beans, fenugreek, sage, ginkgo, Brazil nut, stinging nettle, willow and gotu kola.• Plants foods, such as dandelion greens, poppy seeds, soybeans and even commonly used mung beans, should be added to a persons diet. They can help cure Alzheimers.• Eating pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds improves brain functioning and helps in treating Alzheimers.