1. Lack of PersistenceMore people fail not because they lackknowledge or talent but because they quit.The total secret of success lies in two words,persistence and resistance. Persist in what resistancemust be done and resist what ought not to bedone.
When problems seeminsurmountable, quitting seemsto be the easiest way out……
Winners are struck but notdestroyed. We all have hadsetbacks in life. Failing does notmean we are failures.
2. Lack of ConvictionPeople who lack convictiontake the middle of the road;and guess what happens in the middle of the road? You get run over.
People withoutconviction do not takea stand. They go along standto get along becausethey lack confidenceand courage.
They conform in orderto get accepted evenwhen they know thatwhat they are doing iswrong. They behavelike part of a herd.
3. RationalizingWinners may analyze but neverrationalize. That is a losers game.Losers always have a book full ofexcuses to tell you why they could not.
• Im unlucky • Im born under the wrong stars • Im not good looking • I dont have contacts • I dont have enough money • The economy is bad • If only I had the opportunity • If only I didnt have a familyThe list can go on andon…….
Some people live and learn, and learnsome only live. Wise people learnfrom their mistakes.
People who do not learn lessons fromhistory are doomed. Failure is ateacher if we have the right attitude.Failure is a detour, not a dead end.It is a delay, not a defeat. Experienceis the name we give to our mistakes.
5. Lack of Discipline Anyone who has accomplished anything worthwhile has never done so without discipline.
Discipline takes self-control, sacrifice, andavoiding distractions andtemptations. It meansstaying focused. Steamdoes not move the engineunless it is confined.Niagara Falls would notgenerate power unless itwere harnessed.
Poor self-esteem is alack of self-respect andself-worth. It leads toabuse of ones self andothers.6. Poor Self-Esteem
People with low self-esteem areconstantly looking for identity. They aretrying to find themselves. Ones self is not to be found but to be created.
Idleness and laziness are consequencesof poor self-esteem and so is makingexcuses.Idleness is like rust that eats into the mostbrilliant metal.