CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Illinois Medical Oncology Society (IMOS) is inviting the submission of oncology or hematology abstracts.
Abstracts previously submitted to ASCO, ASH, etc. are acceptable and could have been previously presented or
published, in whole or in part.
Primary Authors are asked to submit an abstract under one of the following categories:
• Medical Oncology or Hematology • Pilot Studies
• Surgical Oncology • Patient and Survivor Issues
• Radiation Oncology • Retrospective Chart Review
• Clinical Trials/Interventions • Case Studies
A subcommittee of the IMOS Board of Directors will review and select winners of the abstracts.
The selected Primary Authors receive a $1,500 Fellows Recognition Award from the society.
IMOS reserves the right to review and accept submissions.
Abstracts will be judged solely on the basis of the information submitted in the abstract.
• Work should be original and innovative in the categories of Research or Patient Care.
• Abstracts must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Abstracts cannot exceed 250 words in length.
• Abstracts must be in 10-12 point font.
• Disclosure(s) for all authors and biography must be included.
• Affiliations must be clearly listed.
• There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit.
• It is mandatory to present your abstract on Thursday, August 15, 2013, if selected.
• Submissions that do not follow the required format will be rejected.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Preparing your Abstract:
You may use the following abstract submission form otherwise all abstracts must contain the following
• Primary Author contact information.
• Category of submission either Research or Patient Care.
• The title of your abstract must be in sentence case, capitalizing only the first letter of the first word of the title
and any proper nouns or acronyms.
• Do not use proprietary names alone in the title or body of the abstract. If necessary, you may include a
proprietary name in parentheses directly after the generic name on first use in the body of the abstract.
• Do not refer to results or conclusions in the title of the abstract. The title should objectively describe the
• IMOS reserves the right to edit abstract titles to conform to this policy.
• Describe the Objectives of your abstract.
• Mandatory information to include:
1. Background 3. Results
2. Methods 4. Conclusions
• Place abbreviations in parentheses immediately after the first mention of a term or phrase; the
abbreviation can then be used throughout the abstract. Take particular care to identify complex
chemotherapy regimens accurately.
• Do not include actual patient names or divulge specific information that would violate patient confidentiality.
• Statements such as “further data will be available” are discouraged.
• List Co-Authors and their affiliations.
Abstract Submission Opens May 31, 2013
Abstract Submission Deadline July 15, 2013 @ 5pm
Primary Authors Notified of Results July 29, 2013
Primary Author Agrees to Present at Dinner August 2, 2013
Fellows Research Competition & Dinner August 15, 2013
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Primary Author must:
• Submit his/her biography.
• Verify that all co-authors are aware of the contents of the abstract and support its data.
• Agree, on behalf of all co-authors, to transfer copyright to IMOS for publication in the annual meeting
proceedings and on the IMOS website.
• Agree to present the abstract if it is selected for presentation at the IMOS Fellows Competition Dinner.
Email your abstract to email@example.com.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Janine Sakacs at 301.984-9496 ext. 218 for assistance.
Download instructions and abstract submission form here: www.imos-illinois.com.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM
2013 Required Abstract Format
Primary Author: Date:
Abstract (≤250 words)
Abstract Category (Research or Patient Care):
Primary Author and Co-Authors and affiliation:
Must include biography with submission.
I agree to present my abstract if selected for presentation at the IMOS Fellows Research Competition