List of Softball Drills
Softball is a type of a team sport that is mostly being played in the United States. It is actually a
direct successor of baseball game. Yet, they have some differences that every player should
understand and mull over. The softballs are bigger than baseballs, the balls are thrown
underhand rather than overhand. This is certainly one of the most popular games in the town
and in fact, a lot of individuals are getting hooked with regards to being a softball player.
Actually, they are beginning to undergo warm ups with the assistance of softball drills.
Softball drills are set of tools or exercises which are being undergone by individuals who want
to become softball players or those who are already softball players. Yes, even you are already
a veteran player of softball; you still need to go through certain trainings and practices. On the
other hand, if you are someone who really wants to be a softball player, then for sure, you really
need to undertake a lot of trainings.
First and foremost, you need to have a softball coach or if you know someone who has
knowledge when it comes to softball, then you can definitely ask his assistance. Coach is a very
imperative part of your training, for through his help you can be able to monitor your
Also, you need to put into consideration the softball drills that you are going to experience.
There are a number of softball drills that you need to consider, yet you need to practice those
drills that are major at the same time basic in playing softball. Some of the drills that you can
freely incorporate in your list and be able to put into practice are:
• Three- man bunt drill – this drill needs at least two throwers and each of them should
hand a ball, then one hitter. Alternately, the pitcher and the hitter must throw back
toward the pitcher.
• Quick fire drill – strike in the direction of infielders and outfielders and anybody can make
a hit of 30 softballs to every player and they must toss each fifth ball to a selected area.
• Three second softball drill – tossing a vanished softball, stand at the back of the runner,
drop a softball into a player’s ankle, then the player is going to pivot, locates softball and
toss into colleague’s glove. Then the player has merely three seconds to grab the
softball into the glove and the player should count aloud.
• Run bases drill – run even, jog odd, at least 10, everybody runs.
• Infield footwork softball drill – glide right, then left, right, up, and so on. Outfielders are
going to run back and left or back, then right.
• Catcher drill – catcher full mechanism and first shin sentinels, and then toss in the earth
at the front of every player. Each of the players must toss from the pitcher’s gaming zone
• Defense drill – first toss flipside and allow it to get through; yet, you need to check if your
support player is in his position.