Be the first to like this
This slidedeck is a summary of existing research on Local Media (local and regional press and their associated websites) in the UK. Our research into others’ research revealed the following:
- Whilst there has been a decline in circulation and readership of national newspapers as people have gone online, there has been a growth in readership of regional and local papers.
- People read local papers differently from national ones and seem to notice advertising more.
- The regional newspaper owners and media agencies have worked together to offer brands packages that give them a greater potential reach of audience, enhanced targeting, and access to a more receptive consumer – all at a cost which represents value.
- The thinking behind the creation of direct response press ads is much the same as existed in the 1990s.
- There is the evidence that the online websites of local papers actually boost audience reach – people who buy the paper also go online to read the title too.
- The opportunity for brands is clear – by advertising in local newspapers, they will reach a consumer who is much more open to receiving messaging and is more likely to act on it.