Gaming is HUGE!3B hours per week spent playinggames globally!98M Americans (1 in 3 online) playgames.Tablet owners spend 2/3 of theirtablet time playing games.Mobile games makes up 80% of appstore revenues.Gaming is 2x bigger than the musicindustry!
Biggest GamingPlatform isBrowser + MobileMore than 600M people have alreadyopted into using the silent autoupdate feature.600M is more than 2 #mes the number of Xbox360, PS3 and Wii ever sold.We can update these 600 millionpeople to new versions of theruntime within 30 days.
High Revenueand HighPerformanceGamers are playing HTML5 games ondevices - ZombieJombie has 2+million users.70% growth in 2012 in social gamerevenue at Kabam!$70M monthly revenue from top 9Chinese games using FlashSongPop is #1 of FB in 201240M users a month play GPUaccelerated Farmville 2.GPU accelerated gaming with Flashtechnologies can reach 1.7B desktopsand mobile device.
The audienceMore than 600M people havealready opted into using the silentauto update feature.600M is more than 2 #mes the number of Xbox360, PS3 and Wii ever sold.We can update these 600 millionpeople to new versions of theruntime in less than 48 hours.apps.facebook.com/angrybirdsstarwars/
9 of the top 10games* This list was compiled by lookingat the top games on Facebookwith more than 100,000 monthlyactive users and giving priority tothose games with the highest usersatisfaction scores.facebook.com/KingsRoadGame
No frictionReuse ActionScript 3 code betweendesktop and mobile targets.No shared runtime is required whenpackaged on mobile devices.Flash Player forDesktop browsersAdobe AIR forStandalone appsSame code (AS3)No friction** Chrome only
No frictionReuse ActionScript 3 code betweendesktop and mobile targets.No shared runtime is required whenpackaged on mobile devices.Zynga ruby blastSongPOPCandy Rush
Over 23k AIR apps on the iOS App Store and Google Play
• Quarterly release cadence. Every 3 months, new features!• Beta program (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/)• Test your games and provide us feedback• Roadmap: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.htmlFLASH PLAYER / AIR
• Concurrency (ActionScript workers)• Support for more hardware-accelerated video cards• Compressed texture with alpha support• StageVideo.attachCamera• LZMA runtime compression/decompression on ByteArray• AIR iOS Push Notifications• AIR direct deployment (without iTunes)• Shared memory support for Concurrency (ActionScript workers)• Query Graphics Data• Multiple SWF support for iOS• Fullscreen UI permission dialog improvementRECENT FLASH PLAYER AND AIR UPDATES
• Android Captive Runtime Debugging• OUYA Controller Support• AIR iOS remote SWF hosting of secondary SWFs• Preventing backup of shared objects on iOS for better iCloudsupport• 16 bit texture supportRECENT FLASH PLAYER AND AIR UPDATES
• Win 8 Modern CV• Win 8 Modern CV• Now a blacklist, not a whitelist!• All your content will just work on Win8 IE 10 - no hoops!• XC API’s (combination of domain memory and Stage3D)RECENT NEWS
• Recursive stop API on MovieClips• GamePad support on desktop browsers and Android• Increase max texture size to 4096x4096• Rectangular textures• LZMA support for iOS• Datagram and server socket support on mobile• AND MORE! Watch the Flash Player Roadmap Whitepaperfor updatesNEXT UP!
FlashDevelop + Starling + Air 3.2 + Stage3D + Android = Love!1. Download and install the Android SDK (http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra-android-development-pack)2. Install AIR 3.2 Release Candidate on windows (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/air3-2/)3. Install AIR 3.2 Release Candidate on android device (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/air3-2/)4. Download AIR 3.2 SDK (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/air3-2/)5. Overwrite AIR 3.2 SDK over the flex folder of FlashDevelop (C:FlashDevelopToolsflexsdk)6. Download, install and start FlashDevelop (http://www.flashdevelop.org/)7. Create a new Air Mobile As3 App8. Change aplication.xmla. <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.2">a. <fullScreen>true</fullScreen>b. <visible>true</visible>c. <renderMode>direct</renderMode>d. <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>e. <autoOrients>false</autoOrients>9. Project → Propertiesa. Output (tab)i. Platform → Air Mobileii. Version → 3.2iii. Dimensions → 1280x800 (This aﬀects only the swf version for desktop)iv. Framerate → 60b. Sdk (tab)1. Choose the path where you copied the AIR 3.2 SDKc. Compiler Options1. Additional Compiler Options → -swf-version=13 (-swf-version=15 works too)10. Change Run.bata. Target → choose your target typeb. Desktop → choose your target resolution11. Create a certificate for Android using /bat/CreateCertificate.bat and wait a minute12. Download and copy last Starling library (http://gamua.com/starling/) to your project folder13. Write your 3D game / appFriction
14. In your Android device be sure to check on your USB debugging and allow Unknown sourcesa. Menu → Settings → Applications → Unknown sourcesb. Menu → Settings → Applications → Development → USB debugging15. Connect your Android to your computer and let the computer install the necessary drivers16. Publish (ctrl + enter)17. If you get a“Fatal error: The application lost the device context!”just putStarling.handleLostContext = true; before you create an instance of Starling.18. Enjoy it!Sweet!It just compiles anempty SWF!Friction
From 18 steps to 3:1. Download Flash Builder2. Open a sample provided3. Compile and testFrictionless, easy to get started
AIR SDK Frameworks Extensions DocsFreeMacOS (.dmg) Windows (.exe)}ATF
The StackAway3D (3D) Starling (2D)Open-source, free and vibrant communityFeathers (2D)Integrationhttp://dragonbones.github.comAll of these frameworks aresupported by Adobe.By supporting these, we also wantto make sure they integratebetween each other beautifully.
StarlingStarling is an open-source, 2Dframework that makes it easy tocreate GPU-accelerated games andapplications.starling-framework.orgExample: AngryBirds Star Warsvar hero:Sprite = new Sprite();hero.x = 200;hero.y = 200;hero.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, loop);addChild(hero);Free eBook available for download at O’Reilly:http://oreil.ly/PPsohC
FeathersCreate 2D UI on the GPU with Feathers.A lightweight open-source 2D UIcomponent extension for Starling.feathersui.com
DragonBones 2.0DragonBones is a free, open-source,skeletal animation system.dragonbones.github.comDragonBones integrates withFlashPro and Starling, convertinganimation to texture atlas.Save on resource and memoryusage and boost performance!555kb47kb
COMING SOON!Gaming SDK 1.2Updating all frameworksUpdating AIR SDK to 3.8Adding Away3D 4.1Adding new tool: AwayBuilderAdding GamePad support for XBOX360 ControllerOpen-source, free and vibrant community
FlasCCBring your native C/C++ gamesto the browser to reach a billionpeople.C/C++(llvm-gcc)LLVM bitcodeAS3 Bytecode(.abc)on AVM2
FlasCCNative code runs securely and cross-platform in the ActionScript 3 VirtualMachine.C/C++(llvm-gcc)LLVMbitcodeAS3 Bytecode(.abc)on AVM2
ProfilingLimitations today with FlashPlayer and AIR
ProfilingLimitations today with FlashPlayer and AIRVM onlyToday, using the profiler in Flash Builder only exposes VM relatedinformation.Debugger builds onlyThe existing Flash Builder profiler relies on debugger builds(performing slower than release builds).Not stableComplex content can also crash your profilingNo in-context testingBeing able to use release builds allows easy in-context testing.No visualizationThere is no existing tool allowing developers to easily spotissues in their content.No mobile profilingThere is no out of the box solution to profile mobile content(AIR) today.
Adobe ScoutRevolutionize the way you profileFlash content across desktop andmobile devices.Scout exposes granularinformation never exposedbefore to Flash developers.No code instrumentationneeded.Works with the release FlashPlayer and AIR runtime.