Happen if the
by Mike Brunet, author of Greedlicious
• The United Nations says our oceans
will be FISHLESS BY 2050!
• If the world went vegan we would not
be pulling 2.7 TRILLION ANIMALS
from the ocean every year
• We would SAVE THOUSANDS of
species from going EXTINCT!
OCEANS ARE SAVED!
…Not to mention save us from eating the food with the HIGHEST AMOUNT OF TOXIC
MERCURY! Mercury in our food contributes to developing diseases over time.
4.76 MILLION PEOPLE
SAVED FROM CANCER!
• Being a vegan REDUCES your risk of
cancer BY AT LEAST 34%!
• This means if the world went vegan
4.76 MILLION PEOPLE WOULD BE
SAVED FROM CANCER EVERY YEAR!
• Cancer costs consumers $1.16
TRILLION DOLLARS EVERY YEAR if
the world went vegan we would save
$394 BILLION A YEAR and we could
redirect this into HAPPIER
SPENDING ACTIVITIES like
vacations, second homes, luxuries,
• Animal agriculture produces 51% OF
GLOBAL GREENHOUSE GASES!
• Transportation accounts for ONLY
• CO2 is the LEADING CAUSE OF
• If the world went vegan, we would be
saving the world from BILLIONS OF
TONS of harmful greenhouse gases
• VEGANS SHOULD BE CALLED BADASS
POLAR BEAR SAVING NINJAS!
• Typical meat eating diets require 18 TIMES
MORE LAND THAN VEGAN DIETS
• This means that if the world went vegan we
could RESTORE MUCH OF THE WORLD’S
FORESTS that was previously burned down
and chopped down and turned into
agriculture land to make food for the world
• 40% OF EARTH’S LAND is being used for
agriculture today. Even if the world’s
population DOUBLED TO 14 BILLION we
would be using FAR LESS LAND for agriculture
as we are today if the world went vegan.
4 RESTORE DEFORESTED
…at a time where MANY MORE TREES ARE BADLY NEEDED!
(Trees take CO2 out of the air)
• Today, EVERY TEN SECONDS a child dies of
• There is only about 5.6 acres of land per person
on our planet
• ONLY ONE of that 5.6 acres is arable land
(meaning land that you can grow food on)
• Eating vegan requires ONLY 0.17 ACRES of arable
land per person
• Being a meat eater REQUIRES 3.0 ACRES (18
TIMES MORE LAND THAN VEGANS) of arable
land per person - which is why kids in Africa and
other impoverished areas will starve to death no
matter how much money we give them in a meat
and dairy eating world
91% LESS RAINFOREST
• THE UNITED NATIONS SAYS every 6
seconds = 1 acre gone
• Every year over 5 MILLION ACRES
ARE DESTROYED (ABOUT THE SIZE
OF SWITZERLAND EVERY 2 YEARS)
• Scientists say almost all the
rainforest could be gone by 2100
unless we make massive changes
• 91% OF THE YEARLY
DEFORESTATION IS BECAUSE OF
• Today, there are 500 MILLION PEOPLE WHO
• You are 9 TIMES LESS LIKELY to be obese on
a vegan diet meaning if the world went
VEGAN there would be 89% fewer obese
• Obesity is estimated to cost the world $300
BILLION A YEAR in obesity related health
care costs (some studies suggests obesity
costs to be $2 TRILLION A YEAR)
• If the world went vegan there would be 444
MILLION PEOPLE SAVED FROM OBESITY
and we would save $267 BILLION A YEAR on
obesity related healthcare cost
7 $267 BILLION SAVED ON
OBESITY HEALTH COSTS
8 SAVE THOUSANDS OF SPECIES
FROM GOING EXTINCT
• The deforestation of the rainforest is
estimated to cause 50,000 species of
plants, animals and insects to go
EXTINCT EVERY YEAR!
• Global warming is expected to cause
11% OF SPECIES TO GO EXTINCT BY
• If the world went vegan we would not
loose EVERY species in the ocean by
2050 and our rainforest deforestation
would be 91% LOWER! This would
SAVE THOUSANDS of species from
EXTINCTION every year!
• The world spends $29 BILLION A YEAR
on cholesterol lowering drugs (A.K.A.
• There is ZERO cholesterol in plant
based nutrition and a TON of
cholesterol in meat and dairy products!
• That’s $29 BILLION a year saved on
statins if the world went vegan
• Not only will we save money on statins,
we will also SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES
every year as high cholesterol diets are
the primary cause of COSTLY AND
DEADLY heart disease later on in life
9 NO MORE CHOLESTEROL!
This … Becomes this
10 SAVE THE WORLD FROM
GLOBAL FOOD SHORTAGES
• The world’s population is estimated to grow to
9.3 BILLION people by 2050
• While global population is estimated to increase
by 30%, many experts say GLOBAL FOOD
SHORTAGES are very likely to happen by 2050
with global warming decreasing food production
• "Food issues could become as politically
destabilizing by 2050 as energy issues are today”
- Dr. Fred Davies, US Agency for International
Development's Bureau of Food Security
• If the world went vegan global food shortages
would be very unlikely even with a global
population of 14 BILLION PEOPLE!
• As global warming gets worse
freshwater will become a serious global
• Unless the world goes vegan, wars over
food and water are VERY LIKELY!
• Meat eating diets require 13 TIMES
MORE WATER than a typical vegan
diet. Or another way of saying this is
vegan diets SAVE 219,000 GALLONS OF
FRESHWATER EVERY YEAR!
• This is enough water saved to ﬁll 43
average sized pools per person per
year. THAT’S A LOT OF WATER!
SAVE 219,000 GALLONS
OF WATER PER PERSON!
HELP SAVE FAMILIES
$5,000 A YEAR!
• Typical western meat eating diets
require 13 TIMES MORE WATER AND
18 TIMES MORE LAND which is why
vegan diets are cheaper. MUCH
• A vegan family of four can save an
average of $5,000 A YEAR ON A
• Families can use these savings for
vacations, luxuries, or college
• Scientiﬁc studies show that vegans
have STRONGER IMMUNE SYSTEMS
and are less prone to getting sick
• In the U.S. alone, sick days costs
businesses an estimated $277
BILLION A YEAR and $43.8
BILLION in the U.K.
• IN A WORLD WITH STRONGER
IMMUNE SYSTEMS - how many
BILLIONS would businesses
IN THE WORKPLACE13
• On average, smoking cigarettes
shortens your life by about 6 to 7
• On average, GOING VEGAN ADDS 7.2
YEARS TO YOUR LIFE!
• THIS MEANS MEAT & DAIRY IS WORSE
• “Ultimately, meat- and dairy- eating
must become viliﬁed as “dirty,
destructive habits,” worse than
cigarette smoking and public
drunkenness—because they are.” -
Doctor John McDougall, M.D.
HUMANS WOULD LIVE
7.2 YEARS LONGER!14
BILLIONS OF ANIMALS
SAVED FROM CRUELTY
• There are 70 BILLION FARM ANIMALS
on the planet today
• Every year we kill 56 BILLION farm
animals! Every year this number
• Isn’t it time we treat animals as a part
of our MUCH NEEDED ECOSYSTEM
and not as our property?
COMPASSION is one of the greatest character traits humans can develop.
Isn’t it time we cultivate this character trait starting with our diets?
DO YOU STILL THINK YOU NEED MEAT
AND DAIRY TO BE HEALTHY?
“… but it just
NOW THAT YOU KNOW… WHICH
WORLD DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN?
VEGAN WORLD MEAT EATING WORLD
In short, if the
world went vegan…
The world just
might be saved.
“Be the change you want
to see in the world.”
GET THE BOOK!
TAKE ACTION… AND LEARN MORE!