But, Do we ‘REALLY’ need SharePoint on phone?
Why don’t we’ve SharePoint on Mobile?
• Actually SharePoint has built-in mobility support
• Remember http://www.xyz.com/m
• But it is not Rich
So, how can I access SP2010 on my phone?
• Create a rich native client (platform specific) :
• Silverlight, SharePoint .NET Client Object Model
• Created another Web based solution (platform agnostic):
Accessing SharePoint Blogs on Windows Phone 7
But what about managing data in SharePoint
• Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support NTLM Authentication
• SharePoint supports ASP.NET Forms Based Authentication
• Enables FBA on SharePoint Site
• Client application can access SharePoint data
• Modify data in SharePoint
MAKING CHANGES IN SHAREPOINT
AUTHENTICATION (CLAIMS BASED –
FORMS BASED AUTHENTICATION) MAY
BRING DOWN YOUR ENTIRE SHAREPOINT
SERVER; IF NOT ENTIRE FARM. YOU NEED
TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
Mayur Tendulkar | www.mayurtendulkar.com