Business planning class 2013, Coldwell Banker Plaza
What does this year look like for you?
Formulating The Plan
• While you are formulating your business
plan, you should discuss it with a trusted
advisor, a mentor, or your broker. Ask
your advisor to give you additional
suggestions, insights, and opinions that
will help you craft your plan for success.
• As an entrepreneur, your ability to plan your
course of action, and your understanding of your
business, will directly affect your success.
• We will look at your business in new ways and
help determine the direction your business will
• A plan is a roadmap, or a guide, to enable you to
achieve your goals and objectives.
• You have entered into an occupation that requires
specialized education, licensure, skill, and
knowledge that enable you to provide a service
that most individuals seek and require in our
Evaluation: Why Real Estate?
Making a difference
Educating and informing
What a plan will do for you:
• Your plan must document your vision/mission,
set goals for your business, and develop a clear
picture about products you sell services you
• Your plan will give structure to perform daily
activities, market properties, find clients, and
• You will know how much you have to work to
build the level of income you seek and have a
clear understanding of what it takes, both of time
and in money, to achieve those objectives.
Analysis of my Business
•for the Year 20___
•Let’s take a look at what we’ve
accomplished in the past 12 months so we
can learn from
•the experience and decide what our
objectives are for the next twelve months.