Tagline (or tag line)
• A slogan or catchphrase, especially as used
• A memorable phrase or sentence that is
closely associated with a particular product,
service, movie, person, etc.
• The words at the end of a joke, story, etc.
You Care About
Your Law Firm’s
• I’ve written innumerable taglines, sold a
bunch, and seen them help deﬁne brands
in various industries.
• They’ve provided the foundation for all
marketing communications for brands that
have seen tangible increases in sales.
• They’ve deﬁned brands for years on end.
• And, for what it’s worth, they’ve garnered
me a few awards for creative advertising.
• It’s not a science, but there are some tried
and true steps that I use that you can
follow to guide your law ﬁrm’s brand
What The Bleep
Do I Know
Tagline Can Be
To Start A
• Unusually Good
• We Do One Thing – Labor
& Employment Law – So
We Have To Do It Well
• Always There
• Right There With You
• A Law Firm That Really
• Not Just Any Law Firm
• Making A Diﬀerence Is Our
• It’s Not A Common Practice
A Word About
• Asking Questions In Your
Tagline Invites Mockery
• Some prognosticators are
saying that taglines are
• What’s Your USP/ULFP?
• What’s Your Marketing
• Who’s Your Competition &
What’s Their Tagline(s)?
What The Bleep Is “Semantic Markup”?
And Why Lawyers Should Care.
Every Thursday, 10am PST