inventory management ppt

63,294 views

Published on

Published in: Education, Technology, Business
7 Comments
22 Likes
Statistics
Notes
No Downloads
Views
Total views
63,294
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
46
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
5,456
Comments
7
Likes
22
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

inventory management ppt

  1. 1. Inventory Management
  2. 12. Demand rate Time Lead time Lead time Order placed Order placed Order receipt Order receipt Inventory Level Reorder point, R Order quantity, Q 0
  3. 13. C o - cost of placing order D - annual demand C c - annual per-unit carrying cost Q - order quantity Annual ordering cost = C o D Q Annual carrying cost = C c Q 2 Total cost = + C o D Q C c Q 2
  4. 14. TC = + C o D Q C c Q 2 = + C o D Q 2 C c 2  TC  Q 0 = + C 0 D Q 2 C c 2 Q opt = 2 C o D C c Deriving Q opt Proving equality of costs at optimal point = C o D Q C c Q 2 Q 2 = 2 C o D C c Q opt = 2 C o D C c
  5. 15. Order Quantity, Q Annual cost ($) Total Cost Carrying Cost = C c Q 2 Slope = 0 Minimum total cost Optimal order Q opt Ordering Cost = C o D Q
  6. 17. Q (1- d/p ) Inventory level (1- d/p ) Q 2 Time 0 Order receipt period Begin order receipt End order receipt Maximum inventory level Average inventory level
  7. 18. p = production rate d = demand rate Maximum inventory level = Q - d = Q 1 - Q p d p Average inventory level = 1 - Q 2 d p TC = + 1 - d p C o D Q C c Q 2 Q opt = 2 C o D C c 1 - d p
  8. 19. TC = + + PD C o D Q C c Q 2 where P = per unit price of the item D = annual demand
  9. 20. Q opt Carrying cost Ordering cost Inventory cost ($) Q ( d 1 ) = 100 Q ( d 2 ) = 200 TC ( d 2 = $6 ) TC ( d 1 = $8 ) TC = ($10 ) ORDER SIZE PRICE 0 - 99 $10 100 – 199 8 ( d 1 ) 200+ 6 ( d 2 )
  10. 21. R = dL
  11. 22. Reorder point, R Q LT Time LT Inventory level 0
  12. 23. Reorder point, R Q LT Time LT Inventory level 0 Safety Stock
  13. 24. R = dL + z  d L where d = average daily demand L = lead time  d = the standard deviation of daily demand z = number of standard deviations corresponding to the service level probability z  d L = safety stock
  14. 25. Probability of meeting demand during lead time = service level Probability of a stockout R Safety stock d L Demand z  d L
  15. 26. The carpet store wants a reorder point with a 95% service level and a 5% stockout probability For a 95% service level, z = 1.65 d = 30 yards per day L = 10 days  d = 5 yards per day R = dL + z  d L = 30(10) + (1.65)(5)( 10) = 326.1 yards Safety stock = z  d L = (1.65)(5)( 10) = 26.1 yards
  16. 27. Q = d ( t b + L ) + z  d t b + L - I where d = average demand rate t b = the fixed time between orders L = lead time  d = standard deviation of demand z  d t b + L = safety stock I = inventory level

×