Be the first to like this
In this talk, we explore five practical, tried-and-tested, real world techniques for improving operability with many kinds of software systems, including cloud, Serverless, on-premise, and IoT.
- Modern logging as a live diagnostics vector with sparse Event IDs
- Operational checklists and ‘Run Book dialogue sheets’ as a discovery mechanism for teams
- Endpoint Healthchecks as a way to assess runtime dependencies and readiness for service
- Correlation IDs beyond simple HTTP calls
- Lightweight ‘User Personas’ as drivers for operational dashboards
Based on work in many industry sectors, we will learn how to improve the operability of software systems using these team-friendly techniques.