Be the first to like this
In this talk, we explore five practical, tried-and-tested, real world techniques for improving operability with many kinds of software systems, including cloud, Serverless, on-premise, and IoT:
- Logging as a live diagnostics vector with sparse Event IDs
- Operational checklists and ‘Run Book dialogue sheets’ as a discovery mechanism for teams
- Deployment Verification Tests as a way to assess runtime dependencies and readiness for service
- Correlation IDs beyond simple HTTP calls
- Lightweight ‘User Personas’ as drivers for operational dashboards
Based on work in many industry sectors, we will learn how to improve the operability of software systems using these team-friendly techniques.
Matthew Skelton is Head of Consulting at Conflux (confluxdigital.net) where he specialises in Continuous Delivery, operability and organisation design for software in manufacturing, ecommerce, and online services, including cloud, IoT, and embedded software.